How to avoid/solve 20% of your Webi Incidents ! - Webi Reports - Data Refresh by Scheduling
Scheduling is the process of automatically running a Web Intelligence document at a specified time. Scheduling refreshes dynamic content or data in a Webi document, creates instances, and distributes the instances to users or stores them locally.
An instance is a version of the Webi document that contains data from the time the document ran. You can view a list of instances in a Webi document’s history. If you have access rights to view Webi documents on demand, you can view and refresh any instance to retrieve the latest data from the data source. Scheduling and viewing instances ensures that Webi documents have the most up-to-date information available for viewing, printing, and distributing.
When should you do this check?
E.g. you want to have up to date Webi reports with large data or complex calculations without of using considerable amount of system resource:
- Set the recurrence of the scheduling when the system usage is the lowest: e.g. run object daily in a specific early morning period
E.g. Make available the latest instance for every user in their BI Inbox.
- Set the destination to BI Inbox and select the “Everyone” uset group as a recipients.
E.g. you want to check the status of your scheduled instances:
- Right click on Webi document – History – Status
1. Login to BI Launch pad.
2. On the Documents tab, right-click the object to schedule and select Schedule.
3. In the Schedule dialog box, click a category in the navigation list, and then set options in that category for the object.
4. Repeat this step for each category that you want to set scheduling options for.
5. Click Schedule.
6. The History dialog box appears, displaying your scheduled job as an instance with a status of Running.
How to become more professional?
- To learn more about Web Intelligence scheduling, please, read the Business Intelligence Launch Pad User Guide for 4.1 SP6 (topic: Scheduling objects). Source for BI 4.1 product guides
- Interactive process flow diagrams for each document refresh scenario:
- Set a schedule for a Web Intelligence document
- Run a schedule for a Web Intelligence document