How to avoid/solve 20% of your Webi Incidents ! - Webi Reports - Check/Test Webi preferences
In BI launch pad, you have the possibility to change your viewing and/or modification interface for Web Intelligence.
The view interface is used for to perform basic viewing tasks and the design mode to modify a document.
The modification interface is used by creating and/or editing Web Intelligence documents.
The available interfaces for Web Intelligence are:
4. PDF (only for view interface)
When should you do this check?
E.g. if you want to use HTML view mode, but Applet modify mode, set the following:
- Preferences – Web Intelligence – View – HTML
- Preferences – Web Intelligence – Modify (creating, editing and analyzing documents) – Applet
1. Login to BI launch pad.
2. On the header panel, click Preferences.
3. In the Preferences dialog box, click Web Intelligence.
4. Under View or Modify, choose a reading/modification interface:
- Select HTML (no download required) to view documents over the Internet, without downloading components.
- Select Applet (download required) to view documents with a Java applet that must be downloaded.
- Select Desktop (Rich Client, Windows only, installation required) (installation required) to view documents with a desktop application that must be downloaded.
Select this option if you plan to work offline occasionally.
- NOTE: for View mode an additional option is available. Select PDF to view documents in PDF.
5. Click Save & Close.
How to become more professional?
- To learn more about Web Intelligence preferences, please, read the Business Intelligence Launch Pad User Guide for 4.1 SP6 (topic: 4.5 Web Intelligence preferences)
- Source for BI 4.1 product guides