How to avoid/solve 20% of your Webi Incidents ! - Rights and Authentication - Test with different user
To exclude user profile corruption, test and compare the product behavior with different users.
This easy troubleshooting test is recommended every time, when you are experiencing functional errors or miss-behavior in the BI Launch pad or the Webi Rich Client.
When should you do this check?
E.g. Webi documents are not visible for you in Public Folders in BI Launch pad.
E.g. Try to edit a report, but you are getting an error
E.g. You are not allowed to create a Webi document.
1. Login with a different user profile in to BI Launch pad or Webi Rich Client.
2. Test the same steps with your BI user profile.
- a. In case the same steps are working with a different user profile, probably your user profile went corrupted.
- b. In case you are getting the same product behavior, further troubleshooting steps will be needed.
3. In both cases, please, contact your BI Administrator, to detect and fix the changes in your BI user security rights.
How to become more professional?
- To learn more about how to manage BI user security rights, please read the Business Intelligence Platform Administrator Guide (topic: Setting Rights).
- Always check with BI administrator rights and Enterprise authentication, to exclude user security right and authentication problems.
- Troubleshooting by Scenario