How to avoid/solve 20% of your Webi Incidents ! - Rights and Authentication - Check with BIP Admin user
To exclude user security rights and authentication problems, test and compare the product behavior with BI administrator user rights and Enterprise authentication.
This easy troubleshooting test is recommended every time, when you are experiencing log on errors, functional errors or miss-behavior in the BI Launch pad or the Webi Rich Client.
When should you do this check?
E.g. You are getting error message by logging on to BI Launchpad
E.g. You are getting error message by opening/creating/editing a Web Intelligence document
E.g. You are getting error message by refreshing the Web Intelligence document
1. Login with BI administrator user rights and Enterprise authentication type in to BI Launch pad or Webi Rich Client.
2. Test the same steps.
- a. In case the same steps are working with BI Administrator rights, probably your user profile has not the needed rights to run the required steps.
- b. In case you are getting the same product behavior, further troubleshooting steps will be needed.
3. In both cases, please, contact your BI Administrator, to detect and fix the changes in your BI user security rights.
How to become more professional?
- To learn more about BI user security rights and authentication management, please read the Business Intelligence Platform Administrator Guide (topic: Managing Users and Groups; Setting Rights; Authentication).
- Troubleshooting by Scenario