How to avoid/solve 20% of your Webi Incidents ! - Rights and Authentication - Different Authentication Types
To exclude user authentication corruption, test and compare the product behavior with different authentication type.
This easy troubleshooting test is recommended every time, when you are experiencing log-on errors, functional errors or miss-behavior in the BI Launch pad or the Webi Rich Client.
The authentication type may be Enterprise, LDAP, Windows AD, SAP, Oracle EBS, Siebel, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, PeopleSoft Enterprise depending upon which type(s) you have enabled and set up in the Authentication management area of the Central Management Console (CMC).
For users the authentication type can be selected in the log-on window.
Note: In BI Launch pad, by default, you are not prompted to choose an authentication type. However, some Enterprise systems may require it.
When should you do this check?
E.g. You are getting a login error with Windows AD authentication.
- Test with different authentication type: Enterprise
1. Log on with a different authentication type in to BI Launch pad or Webi Rich Client.
2. Test the same steps with your BI user profile.
How to become more professional?
- To learn more about BI authentication management, please read the Business Intelligence Platform Administrator Guide (topics: Authentication and single sign-on; Managing Users and Groups – Available authentication types; Authentication).
- Always run a test with BI administrator rights and Enterprise authentication, to exclude user security right and authentication problems.
- Troubleshooting by Scenario