How to force a Dashboard file to be processed by specific Dashboard servers (isolation)
In this quick document i am focusing a smaller piece of a bigger topic: How to troubleshoot intermittent issues in BI Platform where sharing some experiences from first steps of troubleshooting intermittently appearing issues on such BI platform 4.x where having more than one processing servers or nodes configured.
To isolate the report perform the following steps:
- Launch the CMC and go to Servers
- Click Manage -> New -> Create Server Group
- Type a name for the group as "Isolation Group"
- Go to the Service Categories -> Dasboard Services
- Select the the DashboardProcessingServer and DashboardCacheserver you would like to isolate
- Right click-> Select Add to Server Group and select "Isolation Group" and complete the workflow
- In CMC go to Folders and locate and select the report file needs to be isolated in the environment
- In Properties click on Server Properties
- In section Default server to use for Dashboard Data Processing select option Only use servers in the selected group and select "Isolation Group" from the list of group
- In section Default server to use for Dashboard Data Caching select option Only use servers in the selected group and select "Isolation Group" from the list of group
NOTE: If the servers in the Server group are either not enabled or not running, the report will be not processed. You can also include more servers into the group such as Central Management Server into the "Isolation Group" if required.