ABAP Quick Search for NWBC
In the SAP (Netweaver) Business Client you have a search bar in the upper range of the window. As soon as you type something in there, it tries to get search suggestions from all the defined so-called search providers:
It is possible to add own search providers. For more information, see: WKS: How to use NWBC in TM - Search Providers
The ABAP Quick Search for NWBC is such a search provider.
With that search you can easily search for all ABAP related content available on your system and open it with one click:
- Results are sorted by type
- Define a namespace and search it by typing "//"
- Extra fancy result page
- Search for special result types by typing "\<object_type>" (see the list at the end of the posting or just type "\" and look at the type suggestions)
- Decide how to open tables: Do you want to see the structure (SE11) or the content (SE16)?
- Decide how to open BOBF Business Objects: In the BOBF Test UI or in BOBF Conf UI?
Unfortunately, not all functions work in NWBC 4.
If you want to have the search included into your Business Client, please follow the steps in this scn posting: How to include ABAP Quick Search into NWBC
Here is the standard list of result types for which is searched for. In case you want to search for a certain type, add \<object_type> to your search request.
E.g. "\CLAS" for classes.
|IWPR||GW Service Builder Project|
|SAMC||ABAP Messaging Channel|
|SAPC||ABAP Push Channel|
|BOBF||BOPF Business Object|
|BOBX||BOPF Enhancement Object|
|IAML||Language Dependent MIME Object|
|SHMA||Shared Object Area Class|
|WDCA||Web Dynpro Application Configuration|
|WDCC||Web Dynpro Component Configuration|
|WDCP||Web Dynpro Chip|
|WDYA||Web Dynpro Application|
|WDYN||Web Dynpro Comp/INTF|