How to include ABAP Quick Search into NWBC
Follow these 7 easy steps to include the search in your Business Client:
For functionality, see: ABAP Quick Search for NWBC
0. Please check the system requirements: SAP Netweaver Release 7.4 or higher.
Furthermore, not all functions will work with NetWeaver Business Client 4.
1. Copy the content of the "Program.txt" to a new Program and replace the placeholder with an appropriate program name. (e.g. "zrep_object_opener")
2. a) Create a transaction with an appropriate transaction code (e.g. "z_object_opener") like this (select "Program and selection screen..."):
2. b) Change the transaction so that it starts the program you created in step 1.
3. Upload the file "resultpage.html" to a new folder in the MIME Repository:
4. a) Copy the content of the file "Search_Class.txt" to a new class and replace the placeholders with an appropriate class name. (E.g. zcl_nwbc_abap_search)
4. b) Change the constant "cv_opener_transaction" to the name of the transaction you created in step 2 (e.g. " 'z_object_opener' ").
4. c) Change the constant "cv_result_page" to the path of the .html-file you uploaded in step 3:
4. d) If you want to edit the whitelist for result types, you can change it in the class-constructor method.
5. a) Start the transaction 'SICF' and create a new service (via New Sub-Element).
5. b) Enter a description and add the search class you created in step 4 to the handler list.
Don't forget to activate your service!
6. Add a new search provider in your NWBC. Therefore go to Options --> Settings --> Connections --> Search Providers...
Type in the address and port of your server (you can find it here: Options --> Settings --> Connections --> Systems... --> right click on system --> Properties... --> URL) and after that the path to the service you created in step 6 and "?type=OpenSearchDescription".
If you want to, you can add a "namespace" and/or "max_results" parameter, too, as shown here:
7. Type something into the search bar and enjoy.