How to create automatic lcmbiar files for Users and User's Groups, Dependent Objects, Primary Objects using LCM_CLI.bat for SAP Business Intelligence 4.x
What is Lcm_cli.bat ?
It is Command line interface for running the Promotion Management when you wanted to migrate the content more than 100+ objects between SAP Business Intelligence BI 4.x environment.
When using GUI method i.e. Promotion Management it is not possible to migrate/create a lcmbiar file with more than 100+ objects.
- The promotion management command line tool takes a properties file as a parameter. The properties file contains the required parameters to communicate the promotion management tool about the actions to perform, system(s) to connection to, connection methods, objects to promote, and so on.
- The file must be in the form of <File Name>.properties
- Please refer to the Administrators guide for a complete list of parameters to use with Lcm_cli.bat
Files Included :
- .bat script file which is used to run the tool. ( Name : SAPLCMCLI.bat )
- 3 Job Properties Files for Users and User's Groups, Dependent Objects, Primary Objects (Job1_userandgroups.properties , Job2_dependencies.properties, Job3_primaryobjects.properties)
!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!! :
- The article is to create the lcmbiar file for (Users, Dependent Objects, Primary Objects) i.e. Full Environment. It should also be noted that .lcmbiar files that are created using the LCM_CLI tool are not consumable by the Promotion Management application.Using .lcmbiar files is not an valid backup/restore option.
- As a Backup option you should take the backup of CMS Database and Filestore as a Valid Re-storable option.
I have created a script which will create a lcmbiar for the full environment (Users, Dependent Objects, Primary Objects) using Lcm_cli.bat file. Either you can run the script manually or you can schedule it which will automatically take the backup according to the Recurrence set in in the Task Scheduler of Operating System i.e. Windows in this case.
This script will create 3 different LCMBIAR files for Users, Dependent Objects, Primary Objects which can be used to import using the lcm_cli.bat tool if needed.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0\4.1 should be installed on the machine.
- Ensure to Run the BAT file as “Run as Administrator”
- For Better Results ensure you make the changes for Resources using KBA - "1969259 - LCM CLI Master Note - How to promote thousands of objects across BI4 environments" For More queries and Sample queries.
- Changes need to be done in SAPLCMCLI.bat file for “Working Directory" if you are placing the folder in C: Drive then you don't need to do the changes in .bat and .properties files too.
- Download the Folder and place the folder in any drive ( For example : E:\BackupBI , D:\BackupBI or try to keep shortest path to avoid naming Character limitation)
- Open in SAPLCMCLI.bat in any Text Editor and make the changes below :
- Change the Information according to your server in .properties files and also the export location which you have changed :
Steps to RUN the Script :
- If you wanted to run the script only 1 Time or manually run the script you can simply navigate to the location (Current : C:\BackupBI\SAPLCMCLI.bat )
- Below is the result what you will get after running the script :
- The Backup Files will be generated in the same location where the script folder is placed (Ex : C:\BackupBI\Backup ) and renamed to the date when it was modified.
Steps to Perform Automatic Backup :
- You need to follow the same processor before starting this step because it will verify whether all the properties files and bat file is running perfect and giving the results.
- Open Task Scheduler in the Windows.
- Choose Create Basic Task
- It will open the Main Window of Task Organizer and Fill in the Information according to your purpose.
- Schedule the recurrence in the Trigger i.e. Daily/Weekly/Monthly etc.
- Choose the recurrence Time :
- In the Action Menu Choose : Start the Program
- Verify the Information and then click on Finish.
- It will generate the same results and will take automatic backup as per your need and append the Date with the File Name.
DOWNLOAD LINK : SAPLCM_CLI Package
Hope this will help.