S/4Hana Setup on-premise (part 1)
In my documentation I’ll explain how to migrate a current on-premise ERP system running on ASE database to S4Hana by using DMO for SUM 1.0 SP13.
For my setup the migration will encore on Hana rev100 with SAP Simple Finance, On-Premise Edition 1503 (SAP HANA ANALY. FOR SFIN 2.0)
Disclaimer: For my deployment I did not consider the sizing exercise, always do it in order to avoid issue. Also no custom code reside on my system, so if it's your case run the custom code management for Hana migration.
In order execution
- Generate the upgrade queue for Ehp7
- Install the new Hana database
- Download DMO for SUM 1.0 SP13
- Run the DMO process
- Install and configure SFIN 2.0
SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA Cookbook
SAP Simple Finance, On-Premise Edition 1503 SPS 1508
SAP HANA Master Guide
1813548 - Database Migration Option (DMO) of SUM 1.0 up to SP13
2144096 - Installation Note for SAP HANA Live for SAP Simple Finance, On-Premise Edition 1503
2171868 - SAP Simple Finance: Information on Product Name and Versioning Changes as of May 2015
2117481 - Release Information Note: SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503
2157996 - SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition: Checklist for Technical Installation / Upgrade
1737650 - EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP Stacks - Release & Information Note
1974650 - SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition: ICF Service Information
1971111 - SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition: Browser Requirements
1946054 - SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition: Transaction codes and programs - Comparison to EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0
2127080 - Release restrictions for SAP Simple Finance on-premise edition 1503
1972819 - Setup Integrated Business Planning for Finance
The following architecture is based on physical server for Hana and virtual server for the ERP system. I’ll use our Hana CoE to perform this migration to S4Hana.
For this configuration I’ll intentionally split the DMO process for SFin 2.0 installation, in other word I’ll first upgrade and migrate with DMO and then do the SFin 2.0 installation.
Generate the upgrade queue for Ehp7
My system is already register In Solman, I need to generate my queue to target Netweaver 7.40 and ERP 6.0 Ehp7
Download your stack xml and the package.
Install the new Hana Database
The rep-requisite before doing the migration is to have the new database available, so I’ll create the new database on the revision 100.
Since the installation is straight forward I’ll just show the summary for the install
Download DMO for SUM 1.0 SP13
From the SL Toolset web page download the last SUM version
Run the DMO process
My system has been backed up, the stack has been downloaded and the DMO for SUM is decompressed in my /usr/sap/<SID>, I can now start my migration.
Before you start the upgrade process take in consideration that some works needs to be perform before and after. Refer to the upgrade guide ERP 6.0 Ehp7
Not like the regular SUM process the DMO run by using the hostagent option
The upgrade/migration done make the check on the system to see which DB is operate and of course I do a backup of my system
Install and configure SFIN 2.0
S4HANA (currently release SFIN 2.0) deployment consist of 2 main component
• SAP SFINANCIALS 2.0 ADD-ON installation/Upgrade (ERP side)
• SAP HANA Live 2.0 VDM for SFIN On-Premise Edition (Hana side)
Important consideration before to start:
• Prepare the application data migration before the add-on is installed or upgraded. This requires knowledge in application FI, CO and Asset Accounting.
• Potentially existing data inconsistencies need to be resolved before the add-on installation / upgrade. Afterwards this may no longer be possible
• Check whether the add-on installation will be possible, verify the currently installed software components in regards to their compatibility with SAP Simple Finance 2.0 (SAP Note 2103558)
• Check customer-owned code for any adaptations needed to comply with the new SAP Simple Finance data model, otherwise the SAP Simple Finance installation may be blocked with ABAP dictionary activation errors.
SAP SFINANCIALS 2.0 ADD-ON installation/Upgrade (ERP side)
For my document I use the add-on: SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition 1503 support package stack 1508
• SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP Stack 09
• SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP Stack 11
• Kernel used kernel 7.42 SP 32 or higher
This specific add-on doesn’t support the regular installation over SAINT, run the SUM to install and update it. Before to run the process implement the relevant note according the note 2117481
Once the note are implemented, from solution manager (MOPZ) download the add-on
Once the package completely downloaded run the DMO process to install it
Once process done check out the new installed component
The Abap add-on installed now, the SAP Simple Finance, On-Premise Edition 1503 component needs to install on Hana.
Check the second part of the document - S/4Hana Setup on-premise (part 2)