Using the Freezer Monitoring Tutorial for SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming
The Freezer Monitoring tutorial provides an example of a Smart Data Streaming project that highlights capabilities for complex event processing and close integration with the HANA database.
Some specific features that are demonstrated include:
- Configuring the HANA Service which is a new feature of SPS10 and simplifies accessing HANA databases from a streaming project.
- Use of the HANA Reference element to do an event driven look up of machine reference data that will be used in the stream processing.
- Archiving of raw event data directly to a HANA table using the HANA Output adapter
- Calculating a moving average temperature and generating an alert in real time when the average temperature is outside an allowable range
- Using pattern matching to detect unexpected power outages and generate a real time alert.
- Using CCL script to build Flex elements that record the duration of power outages and maintain a dashboard showing the status of all machines.
To use the Freezer Monitoring tutorial, you will require 2 files. The Freezer Monitoring Tutorial for HANA Smart Data Streaming document contains the tutorial instructions and the Freezer Monitoring Tutorial - Supporting Files is a zip file with the required data and project files.