Automatic CORBA SSL Self Signed Certificate Generator for SAP Business Intelligence 4.0/4.1
You can use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and HTTP for network communication between clients and WACS/WAS in your BI platform deployment. SSL/HTTPS encrypts network traffic and provides improved security.
As we know that configuring the SSL needs certificates and files and to generate these certificates there is a sequence of steps and commands that need to be performed very carefully and it takes time for preparation for creation of correct files and any confusion/wrong editing/wrong sequence will lead to start from scratch.
This BAT file will make the manual creation of files i.e. Server.crt, cacert.crt , Passphrase.txt and Server.key very easy for Corba SSL and makes running of commands Easy and Time saving.
- It will save the TIME where SSL content can be generated in less than 5 min.
- No need of creating list of folders and moving them and then running the command again and again.
- It will automatically self-sign the certificates which will be valid for 365 days
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0\4.1 should be installed on the machine.
- Ensure to Run the BAT file as “Run as Administrator”
- Changes need to be done in ssl.cnf file for “Serial” i.e.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64
- Edit : sslc.cnf and add “.txt” extension at Serial Parameter
- Default : serial= $dir/serial # Current serial number
- Change to : serial= $dir/serial.txt # Current serial number
Steps to create certificates:
- Copy the script on the server.
- Run the script with Administrator.
- Give the Required Information. (Note: Ensure you do not make mistake i.e. when giving the information second time it should be exactly same as given in first Example: Name, 2 Letter State name, 2 Letter Country name etc.)
- In Last step it will ask you for the password i.e. for Passphrase file which should be given same as PEM Password.
- Your Certificates and passphrase file will be generated at : <installdir>\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\demoCA\final
- This tool will only generate the certificates and required file. To configure you need to navigate to SIA >> Properties >> Protocol and Enable the SSL Protocol and ADD the required content.
- Cannot be used with SAP BusinessObjects 3.x.
- Adding the parameter to the Tomcat Configuration Manager.
- Serial.txt parameter will be automatically edited.
- Certificates will be placed on the location where Customer wanted