Intercompany third party scenario in SAP business ByDesign
Intercompany third party feature/functionality is used to buy stock from your partner company to fulfill your requirements. However your partner do not supply the product to the your company instead he order it from a supplier and instruct this supplier to send it to your company address.
By reading this document you will see an example on how you can set this scenario on your system, how you will execute it, and of course, Common issues which you may face.
2. Master Data
3. Executing the Scenario
5. Common Issues
6. Recording Link
In Scoping, the following topics must be activated in following order
- The Sell Standard Products business topic in the Product and Service Portfolio for Sales business package.
- The Sales Orders business topic in the Selling Products and Services business package.
- The Third-Party Procurement business topic in the Purchase Request and Order Management business package.
- In the Purchase Requests business topic of the Purchase Request and Order Management business package, the scoping question Do you want purchase orders to be created automatically from purchase requests? has been answered with Yes.
- You have to select the Purchasing Between Partner Companies business topic.
2. Master Data
- Sending and receiving companies should be defined in your org structure.
- The Products which you will use are activated for Sales and Purchasing on both companies.
- A Valid contract or list price for one or more suppliers from which the product can be delivered has been created in the Sourcing and Contracting
- The product is assigned to a product category for which automatic purchase order creation is activated which is done in the Purchase Requests and Orders work center (Define Automatic Creation of Purchase Orders common task).
- When you create a company on your system, you have a resultant business partner, which has the roles Account and Supplier.
the output channel Internal EDX must be set for the following business documents in the Business Partner Data work center, on the Communication tab page, under Collaboration
- For customer, you need to set the Internal EDX option for the fields "Sales Order Confirmation", "Advanced Shipping Notification Outbound" and "Customer Invoice/Credit Memo".
3. Executing the scenario
Your company request XX ea of the product ABC from your partner company. Since they do not have enough stock to cover the demand, they would order it from a supplier and instruct this supplier to send it to your company address.
1. Create a purchase order at your company with purchasing unit and employee responsible from your company, partner company as supplier.
2. This purchase order will create an intercompany sales order with sales unit and employee responsible from your partner company at his company. The fulfillment will be external here and would his supplier from whom he will source the material to your company.
3. The intercompany sales order will create a third party purchase order at partner company level, with external supplier and ship to as your receiving company.
4. Create third party delivery notification against third party purchase order as your partner company level which will have following effect
4.a) create third party inbound delivery against third party PO at partner company level
4.b) create third party outbound delivery against SO at partner company level
5. Create an inbound delivery notification against the intercompany PO your company level.
6. Create an inbound delivery against PO at your company against inbound delivery notification.
7. Create a supplier invoice at your partner company level to pay his external supplier against third-party purchase order.
8. Create a customer invoice against intercompany sales order at your partner company which will automatic create supplier invoice at your company level against the intercompany purchase order
In the Help Center you can find the following document which can be followed when setting or executing this scenario:
- Intercompany Stock Transfer
- Third-Party Order Processing
5. Common Issues:
You Cannot Use Externally Managed Site And Third Party Order Processing
check the knowledge base article - 2153160 - You Cannot Use Externally Managed Site And Third Party Order Processing
6. Recording Link
'Intercompany-TPOP & TPOP-Intercompany Scenarios in SAP Business ByDesign