SAP is the leading supplier of TMS. Their revenue over the last year has continued to grow rapidly
ARC Advisory Group, Transportation Management Systems Global Market Research Study 2015
Analyst firm ARC named SAP again the leading supplier of Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
Dear SCM community,
For the fourth year running, SAP was named leader again in ARC’s annual market research study Transportation Management Systems Global Market Research Study by Chris Cunnane, Steve Banker and Clint Reiser. ARC is one of the leading industry analyst firms covering the Supply Chain Execution space.
ARC published their annual Transportation Management Systems Market Study and SAP was ranked #1 in many categories. According to ARC “the TMS market […] with a CAGR of approximately 15 percent, is one of the fastest growing of all established enterprise application markets.”
A very special thanks goes to Elinor Castell, Jocelyn Eisenberg, Guido Kaup, and Bill King who have worked with ARC on the report for this great result!
SAP was named #1 of Leading Suppliers of Transportation Management Systems in 15 categories overall:
- #1 of Leading Suppliers of Transportation Management Systems
- #1 for Software
- #1 in EMEA
- #1 in Asia
- #1 for Service Revenues
- #1 for Implementation Revenues
- #1 for A&D
- #1 for Chemical
- #1 for Pharmaceutical & Biotech
- #1 for Retail for Department and General Merchandise
- #1 for Retail for Grocery/Food & Beverage
- #1 for Other Industries
- #1 for Tier 1
- #1 for Tier 2
- #1 for Fleet Management
Quotes seconding the position:
- Patience has paid off for SAP. They are now a leader in this market.
- In 2014, many of the top suppliers in the market had year-over-year growth in the 10 percent range. However, two of the largest suppliers, SAP and JDA, grew faster.
- SAP has had marked success selling TMS solutions, along with a broader set of enterprise applications, to logistics service providers. Consequently, that sector has grown markedly and we expect that to continue for the next few years.
- With SAP also offering their solutions in the cloud, the overall growth for SaaS revenues is expected to remain in double digits for the foreseeable future.
- SAP is a new challenge for Oracle.