Change Order or Sort Button missing in Selection Screen
In the Java web Report, You find that “Change Order” or “Sort buttons” are not available in the selection Screen.
This might happen after the Upgrade of the system.
This issue might happen also in HEC System
1. Execute the Query/Template in the Java Portal
2. You see that that “Change Order” or “Sort buttons” are not available in the selection Screen as shown below
The behavior (change sort order not available on selector dialog) which you can observe holds TRUE only if you have structure element and F4 is called on top of it.
Therefore, this functionality is not totally discarded, but have been taken off (with RSADMIN parameter) only in case of structure elements.
Note 1857818 explain why the functionality 'change order' was taken off due to underlying technical restriction.
For structure elements changed sort order in the F4 will not affect the result set sorting.
If still you want to enable the change sort order option on selector dialog, then
1. Check whether you have the RSADMIN parameter 'RS_BEX_DRAG_DROP_STRUCT' in the BW master system.
2. If yes , then delete RSADMIN parameter 'RS_BEX_DRAG_DROP_STRUCT' from BW master system.
To delete a RSADMIN parameter use the report "SAP_RSADMIN_MAINTAIN" (via transaction SE38).
After this a complete RESTART of J2EE stack is required to clear the server level cache.
Note: Before deleting RSADMIN parameter it is recommended that you refer to the following to understand some more functionality of selector dialog:
1562554 - Drag and Drop: incorrect behaviour on structural elements
1857818 - BEx Web 7.x: Sorting on structure elements in selector dialog
Case 2 :
1. You do not have you have the RSADMIN parameter 'RS_BEX_DRAG_DROP_STRUCT' in the BW master system.
2. Then that default value of RSADMIN 'RS_BEX_DRAG_DROP_STRUCT' is set to TRUE if no parameter is available in RSADMIN table.
3. Maintain the RSADMIN Parameter and Set 'RS_BEX_DRAG_DROP_STRUCT' to value ' O (Uppercase O) .
Note "1938427 - BEx Web 7.x: Usability and memory optimization drag and drop" explains the issue with RSADMIN parameter.
Restart J2EE stack and check.