Banner Image configuration as per note 1821203 for Non Microsoft Windows systems.
In the Configuration UI of the catalog, the customer provides the path to the image to be displayed as the Banner instead of the Default Banner image "Procurement Catalog". But the new image is not displayed as the banner and the default image Procurement Catalog is shown.
The issue is noticed mostly in cases where the image is kept in non-Microsoft Windows systems or network folders.
The issue occurs due to exceptions while fetching the image from the specified folder. Here the customer specific image is replaced by the default image.
- The Image name must end with User's logon language.Ex:"banner_image_en.jpg" or "banner_image_de.gif""
- The image resolution may be within 274x30.
- Copy the image to the J2EE engine path where the image is accessible for everyone. For ex: /usr/sap/ /JC< ID>/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/webdynpro/web/sap.com/tc~mdm~srmcat~uisearch/Components/com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.Master/
Note: Please make sure the image is kept in a folder within "sap.com" folder.
- Set the path in the Configuration UI Path with the image path ending with User's logon language.
- Relaunch the SRM-MDM Catalog.