SAP Lumira, server for BI Platform Installation
SAP Lumira, server for BI Platform supports both Standard and Distributed deployment.
Recommended for testing purposes, or smaller production deployments.
All required BI platform features and Lumira, server for BI platform components installed on the same machine.
Recommended for larger and critical production deployments.
Can deploy SAP Lumira, server for BI platform components on different machines as mentioned below:
- Lumira server: BI Platform Adaptive processing server is the pre-requisite for Lumira Server installation
- Lumira Web Application: BI Platform Web Tier is the pre-requisite for Lumira Web Application installation
- Lumira Restfull Web services: BI Platform WACS server is the pre-requisite for Lumira Restfull Web Service installation
- Lumira Scheduling Service: BI Platform Adaptive Server is the pre-requisite for Lumira Scheduling Service installation
Make sure to meet the following Operating System Pre-Requisites:
Prerequisite Check will FAIL if any of the below requirements are NOT met
- 64-bit ONLY
- Windows Versions:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Installer Service Enabled
- User has Administrator Rights
- System Reboot is not Pending
Make sure to meet the following Product check requirements:
Prerequisite Check will FAIL if any of the below Products are installed on the same machine
- SAP BI 4.1 SP02 and below
- SAP Business Objects Crystal Reports Server
- SAP Information Steward (mini BIP)
- SAP BI, add-on for SAP Lumira (LIMA) *
* The pre-requisite check will not fail in case LIMA is installed on a different machine in distributed deployment.
Recommend you to manually un-install LIMA before you proceed with SAP Lumira, server for BI Platform.
Once all prerequisites are met, the License Agreement screen is displayed, Select “I Accept the License Agreement” and Click “Next”
Depending on the BI Platform component pre-requisite for each SAP Lumira, Server for BI Platform component. The components in the feature tree with be enabled.
Enter existing BI Platform CMS Password for the “Administrator” and Click “Next”, to start the installation.
The installation proceeds and completes.