ANN: SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 2 available for download
SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 2 is now available for download.
Enhancements and New Features
- Blue Crystal:
- The icon font has been updated. The main color has been changed from blue to dark gray in order to be more consistent with the Fiori design.
- The background colors of read only elements have been harmonized.
- Splitter Control:
- Support for the visibility property of the splitter sash has been implemented.
- Display of PDF based Content:
- A new version of the component to display PDFs is improving font substitution and parsing support for inline images.
- The scripting API of InputField and ComboBox control have been updated.
- The sound clips have been updated and are now in sync with SAP GUI for Windows.
- Table Control:
- The rendering of disabled line selection buttons has been corrected.
- Html Control:
- XML content has not been displayed at all. Now at least texts outside tags and attributes are displayed.
- In some cases, buttons in html forms did not fire an event to the backend.
- Launching an external browser using the DETACH_URL_IN_BROWSER of ABAP class CL_GUI_HTML_VIEWER did not work.
- A bug causing more and more threads to be added to the audio output list when playing sound has been fixed.
For details please refer to the manual (chapter "6.2 Release Notes and System Requirements" and "2. Installation") of the PlatinManual and SAP note 2059424.
Please use Java 8 Update 40 or newer, because some known issues related to the Html control component have been addressed.
SAP GUI for Java 7.30 is no longer supported. Therefore please upgrade to SAP GUI for Java 7.40.
For migrating your landscape configuration, please refer to the SAP UI Landscape Configuration Guide.
P.S. For feedback and questions, please post a new thread.
In case you want to report an issue, preferably create a support message on component BC-FES-JAV.