HANA Rules Framework (HRF)
Welcome to the SAP HANA Rules Framework (HRF) Community Site!
SAP HANA Rules Framework provides tools that enable application developers to build solutions with automated decisions and rules management services, implementers and administrators to set up a project/customer system, and business users to manage and automate business decisions and rules based on their organizations' data.
In daily business, strategic plans and mission critical tasks are implemented by a countless number of operational decisions, either manually or automated by business applications. These days - an organization's agility in decision-making becomes a critical need to keep up with dynamic changes in the market.
SAP HANA Rules Framework is already integrated with many SAP solutions and it enables their end users to enter business logic easily in different business processes (see some samples below).
HRF Main Objectives are:
- To seize the opportunity of Big Data by helping developers to easily build automated decisioning solutions and\or solutions that require business rules management capabilities
- To unleash the power of SAP HANA by turning real time data into intelligent decisions and actions
- To empower business users to control, influence and personalize decisions/rules in highly dynamic scenarios
HRF Main Benefits are:
Rapid Application Development | Simple tools to quickly develop auto-decisioning applications
- Built-in editors in SAP HANA studio that allow easy modeling of the required resources for SAP HANA rules framework
- An easy to implement and configurable SAPUI5 control that exposes the framework’s capabilities to the business users and implementers
Business User Empowerment | Give control to the business user
- Simple, natural, and intuitive business condition language (Rule Expression Language)
- Simple and intuitive reusable UI control that supports text rules and decision tables
- Simple and intuitive web application that enables business users to manage their own rules
Scalability and Performance | HRF as a native SAP HANA solution leverages all the capabilities and advantages of the SAP HANA platform, therefore it enables the fastest execution of analytical rules. Analytical or historical rules are rules that depended heavily on database records (for example - a daily risk calculation of millions of accounts based on their history).
- NEW!!! SAP HANA Rules Framework 1.00 SP08 is now available!
- SAP HANA Rules Framework's official documentation on SAP Service Marketplace
- DSM, BRFplus & HRF rules SAP Forum and ISUG 2016!
- SAP Decision Management Vision and Roadmap
- FAQ about SAP HANA Rules Framework and Decision Service Management (and BRFplus)
- SAP HANA Rules Framework's tutorials on SAP HANA Academy.
- HRF Online Course:
- 1. Lesson number-1: How to install SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 2. Lesson number-2: How to create a simple vocabulary on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 3. Lesson number-3: How to create outputs and actions on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 4. Lesson number-4: How to create dependent vocabularies on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 5. Lesson number-5: How to create value lists on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 6. Lesson number-6: How to create a text rule on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 7. Lesson number-7: How to create a decision table on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 8. Lesson number-8: How to create aliases on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 9. Lesson number-9: How to create rule service on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 10. Lesson number-10: How to create rule template on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 11. Lesson number-11: How to write complex rules utilizing Rule Expression Language?
- A Guide to the Technical User Authorization Mechanism in SAP HANA Rules Framework SPS07
- A Guide to the Business User Authorization Mechanism in SAP HANA Rules Framework SPS07
- Visualizing SAP HRF Rule Results in SAP Lumira - Part 1
- Visualizing SAP HRF Rule Results in SAP Lumira - Part 2
SAP solutions already utilizing HRF:
Here are some (partial list) SAP solutions that utilizes HRF in different domains:
- SAP Fraud Management - link to SCN page
- SAP hybris Marketing: - link to SCN page
- Predictive Models
- Offer Recommendations
- Simple Scores
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence - link to SCN page
- SAP Transportation Resource Planning (TRP) - link to help page
- SAP Agile Data Preparation (ADP) - link to help page
- SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) for response and supply - link to SCN page
- IoT SIM management for SAP HANA (SIMM) - link to help page
Sample use cases of SAP solutions already utilizing HRF:
SAP Transportation Resource Planning
SAP Fraud Management
SAP hybris Marketing (formerly SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence)
SAP Operational Process Intelligence