Cloud Data Sources - Data Upload
If you want to check more information on Cloud Data Sources, please, check the previous documents: Creating Custom Data Sources - Analytics - Cloud for Customer and Cloud Data Sources - Field Types & Settings for Data Source Fields.
There are two ways of uploading data to a Cloud Data Source, you can use a Manual Upload or Upload through a Web Service.
1. To use manual upload, you must ensure that the Manual Data Upload checkbox is selected.
- The data to be uploaded must be saved as a CSV file.
- While uploading CSV files, ensure the following:
- The decimal separator is a period (.) and the field delimiter is a semicolon (;). Thousand separators are not supported.
- Enter the same delimiter that is used in the CSV file.
- The CSV file is encoded using UTF-8. You may have to change the encoding option of the file. For information about changing the encoding option, see the help documentation of the product you use to edit the CSV file. Encoding options may be available from a Save As dialog window, for example.
You have two options when uploading data:
Modifies existing data records (with the same key) and inserts data records with the new key.
Deletes the existing data records and insert new data records.
You must also ensure that the field names in the first row of the file match the field IDs of the data source.
- Create a communication system.
- In the Application and User Management work center, under Input and Output Management, choose the Communication Systems view.
- In the Communication Systems view, click New .
- In the Communication System section, enter the details of the communication system, as follows:
- ID is used as the template for the technical user in the communication arrangement.
- Host Name has to be supplied, but is not used.
- For the System Access Type, select Internet.
- When you have entered all the details, click Save and Close to return to the Communication Systems view. The communication system you just created has the status In Preparation.
- In the Communication Systems view, select the communication system you have created and click Actions, then choose Set to Active. If the status changes to Active, the configuration is ready to be used.
- Create a communication arrangement.
- In the Application and User Management work center, under Input and Output Management, choose the Communication Arrangements view.
- To open the New Communication Arrangement guided activity, in the Communication Arrangements view, click New .
- In the Select Scenario step, select Analytics Data Upload and click Next.
- In the Define Business Data step, enter business data.
- In the System Instance ID field, choose or enter the communication system ID that you created.
- In the Define Technical Data step, define the technical settings for inbound communication.
- For a communication method, select Direct Connection.
- For an application protocol, select Web Service.
- For an authentication method, select User ID and Password.
- Next to the User ID field, click Edit Credentials.The user ID is automatically predefined, but you must create a password, as follows:
- Choose Change Password.
- Enter a password and confirm it.
- Click Edit Advanced Settings and note the service URL, which you require to upload data.
- Download a Web Services Description Language (WSDL) file.The WSDL file is used to set up a Web service in the target system.
- Choose the relevant communication arrangement and click Edit.
- Click the Technical Data tab page.
- Click Edit Advanced Settings.
- Click Download WSDL.
- Name and save the WSDL file; the file is required for setting up communication.
- Ensure that the solution URL is a trusted site.You can do so, for example, by checking either the security report or the list of trusted sites of the Web browser.
- Export the relevant certificates from the Web browser.The certificates are required to create a secure connection.You can often find export functions under the tool options of the Web browser. Depending on the Web browser, you might need to run the browser as an administrator to export the certificate. You might also need to import the certificate before exporting it. For information about importing and exporting certificates, see the documentation of the Web browser.You need to export the following certificates from the Web browser, regardless of the authentication method you have chosen:
- the GTE CyberTrust Global Root certificate
- the GTE CyberTrust SureServer Standard Validation CA certificate
- Use the Web Service URL.The following section describes the structure of the service.Service: /sap/bc/srt/scs/sap/analyticsdatauploadinExample StructureThe mandatory tokens (strings in green) must be populated with the following information.MDAVName (Token 13)
ID of the data source AnalyticsImportMethod (Token 14) MERGE or OVERWRITE
- MERGEModifies existing data records (with the same key) and inserts data records with the new key.
- OVERWRITEDeletes the existing data records and inserts new data records.
- DELETEDeletes the existing data records.
Data (String 15) The first line contains the field IDs to be loaded and defines the order. All other lines contain the data. Use semicolons, as shown below, for separation.
<ID schemeID="Token 1" schemeAgencyID="Token 2" schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID="Tok">Token 4</ID>
<UUID schemeID="Token 5" schemeAgencyID="Token 6">12345678-90AB-CDEF-0123-456789ABCDEF</UUID>
<ReferenceID schemeID="Token 7" schemeAgencyID="Token 8" schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID="Tok">Token 10</ReferenceID>
<ReferenceUUID schemeID="Token 11" schemeAgencyID="Token 12">12345678-90AB-CDEF-0123-456789ABCDEF</ReferenceUUID>
- Consume Cloud data source using a Web service
- The SAP Cloud platform uses SOAP Web services as its core method of integration. It is a simple, thin client and you need to load the XML as your payload to retrieve records or do inserts and updates to records.To consume Cloud data sources using a Web service, you are required to have downloaded the WSDL to your local system, as explained in Step 3 of “Upload using a Web service”.
To check more information on Analytics, please, check Central Document for Analytics Troubleshooting.