Installing the Smart data streaming plugin for HANA Studio
The design time tools for SAP HANA smart data streaming are delivered as a plug-in to the SAP HANA Studio. They are not installed in the studio by default - they are optional and must be downloaded separately. Installation is simple, however, and only takes a few minutes. Either follow the instructions below, or watch these two reference HANA Academy tutorials and follow along.
- You must have a HANA system with smart data streaming installed that you will connect to and use. See the smart data streaming installation doc and configuration guide, and/or this TechEd session if you have not yet installed smart data streaming on your SAP HANA system.
- Download and install SAP HANA Studio 2 (version 2 is required - this is the new version released as part of HANA SPS09) and connect to your HANA System.
- Go to SAP Service Marketplace, Support Packages, A-Z index, "H" (for HANA)
- Select SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming
- Select version 1.0
- Select "Comprised Software Component Versions"
- Select "Smart Data Streaming Studio 1.0"
- Choose your version and download the installation package
Install (HANA Academy tutorial )
- Extract the download file to a local directory (ensure that the directory path doesn't contain any spaces)
- Start SAP HANA studio.
- From the SAP HANA studio main menu, select
- In the Install dialog, click Add.
- In the Add Repository dialog, click Local, select the repository sub-directory in the directory you extracted the download to: SAP_HANA_STREAMING\repository directory, and click OK.
- In the Install dialog, click on the check box next to SAP HANA smart data streaming, then click Next.
- Review the items to be installed, then click Next.
- Review the license, accept any terms and conditions to continue, then click Finish.
- For any security warning prompts, click OK.
- When prompted to restart SAP HANA studio, click Yes.
Configure (HANA Academy tutorial)
- In SAP HANA Studio...
- Open Studio preferences (Menu: Window > Preferences) and under General, Network Connections, set Active Provider to Native and ensure your proxy settings are correct. Then go ahead and close the preferences dialog
- Open the Smart data streaming Run-Test Perspective (Menu: Window > Open Perspective > Other...)
- In the Streaming Run-Test Perspective, in the Server View, click on the "New Server URL" tool, and enter the hostname and port for the streaming server you will be connecting to. Note: here you are entering the host name for the master node in your streaming cluster - this is typically not the same host as your HANA database.
- Return to Studio preferences, and go to the Smart Data Streaming preferences. Set the Default Server URL to the streaming server you are connected to