ANN: SAP GUI for Java 7.40 available for download
a new major release of SAP GUI for Java is now available for download.
Besides using Java 8, SAP GUI for Java 7.40 supports various new OS versions and Linux distributions, comes with a new theme and includes various new features.
- Support for New OS Versions:
- openSUSE 13.2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Support for Java SE 8
- Blue Chrystal Theme: It is the standard theme of Fiori applications and has been adapted to the specific needs of SAP GUI. Blue Chrystal is fully compatible with the previous themes and comes with a new color palette and font based icons which are better scalable.
- SAP UI landscape: A unified UI landscape aligned with SAP GUI for Windows and Netweaver Business Client for Windows has been implemented.
- Localization: Texts displayed by SAP GUI for Java itself like in SAP Logon, Preferences and other dialogs are now translated in many languages.
- Html Control: The new embedded browser component is based on WebKit which provides a better user experience and supports current html standards.
- Enhanced Search: Input fields now support the HANA based enhanced search.
- New Controls: Dropdown listbox, input- and search fields are now available for the toolbar control in IDA ALV.
- User Manual: The user manual has been reviewed, extended and comes in a new format.
For details please refer to the manual (chapter "6.2 Release Notes and System Requirements" and "2. Installation") of the PlatinManual and SAP note 2059424.
Please be aware of some known issues related to the Html control component, which are expected to be addressed in Java 8 Update 40.
SAP GUI for Java 7.30 will be supported until March 31, 2015. Therefore you should plan to upgrade in Q1 2015.
P.S. For feedback and questions, please post a new thread.
In case you want to report an issue, preferably create a support message on component BC-FES-JAV.