Scheduling Enhancements in Analysis Office
The objective of this document is to introduce the enhancements to the scheduling functionality available in Analysis Office, which is part of the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 suite of products.
In order to take advantage of the new features history and prompt support, the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and Analysis Office products should be on the following release / version;
SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Release 4.1 Support Pack 05 **
Analysis Office Version 1.4 Support Pack 10 **
** Note: As of Dec 9th (publishing date of this article), SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 is GA (Generally Available in SMP) and Support Pack10 of Analysis Office is in solution validation phase (scheduled to be GA by 2nd week of December).
Before looking at the enhancements, let’s go through the scheduling workflow first.
Our objective is to bring a seamless scheduling experience for Analysis Office’s Analysis Workbook similar to other reporting objects in the platform such as Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports etc. In this release of the solution we are introducing the following key features around scheduling;
- Selecting the Analysis Office workbook to schedule;
- You can leave the default or change the title for the scheduling instance here;
3. You can choose the particular recurrence based on your scheduling requirement;
Once you select a particular recurrence type, based on the type, you will be listed the additional parameters / options supported for that recurrence type. For example if you select monthly, then you will have the option to set monthly recurrence and start, end dates & time as shown below;
4. Next, you can select the destination from the available list of destination types to send the scheduled Analysis Workbook to;
Once you select a particular destination, based on the type of destination, you will be listed the additional parameters to enter / select for that destination. For example if you select BI Inbox, then you will have the option to select particular group or user, name and scheduled instance kind (shortcut or copy) as shown below;
5. You can then select the Server Group for your scheduling job;
6. If you have prompts to enter value for, then you can enter the value(s) here;
This feature has been introduced in BI 4.1 SP5 and Analysis Office 1.4 SP10. You can enter the data source (in case, the workbook contains merged variables, you can leave this field blank!), the technical name of the variable and the input string as value. This string looks like:
- !6-9; >12
Please find detailed syntax in the help/documentation (help.sap.com/boa >user guide >“Syntax for entering values”)
7. You can, both add and delete, the rows for the prompts;
8. Click “Schedule” and you can monitor the progress of the scheduling job in the BI LaunchPad;
Once it’s successfully completed;
You can right click and select the “history” of the particular Analysis Workbook to view the instances. This feature has also been introduced in BI 4.1 SP5.
Managing Schedule Objects
If you need to delete or reschedule the job, you can do that as well;