Free-Hand SQL Extension Sample for Web Intelligence for 4.1 SP5
The attached file contains all needed resources of the Free-Hand SQL Extension Point sample. You can try it out with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.1 SP5 only.
- Download the ZIP file.
- Unpack it.
- Rename it to com.businessobjects.webpath.AnalyticalReporting_SAP_FHSQL_1.0.0.jar.
- Follow the instructions below to deploy the extension in your production environment.
You can also consult:
- The official 4.1 SP5 documentation of the Extension Points: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp5_webisl_dev_guide_en.pdf
- The following page for additional documentation resources.
TO DEPLOY THE SAMPLE
- Stop Apache Tomcat and the SIA.
- Copy the JAR file to the following folders:
- Start Apache Tomcat and the SIA.
Perform the additional step below on a client machine to use the extension with the Java interface of Web Intelligence. You must have Java 7 installed. You do not have to perform this step when deploying the sample for Web Intelligence Rich Client.
- Copy the jfxrt.jar file to the ext folder. How you do this depends on whether you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit client machine:
- For a 32-bit client machine, copy the file C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\jfxrt.jar to the folder: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext.
- For a 64-bit client machine, copy the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\jfxrt.jar to the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext.
Note: You do not have to perform this step if you have upgraded to Java 8.
TO ENABLE THE SAMPLE IN WEB INTELLIGENCE
- Go to the CMC.
- Select Users and Groups, right-click on the user or group you want to apply the extension to, and select Customization.
- Select the Extensions tab to display all installed extensions.
- Check the Free Hand SQL 1.0.0 extension.
TO USE THE SAMPLE
- Launch the BI launch pad and create a new document.
- Click the new icon in the left-side pane.
- Click Browse to fetch the available connections.
- Select a connection and click Next.
- In the SQL text area, enter a valid SQL statement, then Click Create.
You should see the message:
- You'll be prompted with the possibility to modify the objects properties. You can do so if needed, then click Update.
The report should be refreshing and you'll get the following message saying that the FHSQL data provider has been updated.
- Select the Available Objects icon. You should see the objects retrieved from your FHSQL query. You can now use them for the creation of your report.