S/4HANA Business Process simplification with SAP Fiori
Comparison of same business process using traditional UI and S/4HANA screens using SAP Fiori UX:
Customer experience: Unilever Goods and Invoice Receipts Reconciliation
SAP had an open developer Fiori competition as part of free online course "Build Your Own SAP Fiori App in the Cloud" which delivered through the openSAP platform and offered a holistic approach to app design, including design thinking. The initiative resulted in the design of more than 1,500 unique SAP Fiori® apps created by customers, partners and students on SAP HANA® Cloud Platform.
SAP delivered Examples:
- Transactional apps (for SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA database and on traditional RDBMS)
- Task-based access - Access tasks to create, change, approve processes with guided navigation
- Fact sheets (for SAP Business Suite on HANA)
Search and explore - View essential information about an object with contextual navigation between related objects
- Analytical apps (for SAP Business Suite on HANA. In general also possible to run in a SAP HANA sidecar scenario)
- Insights - Get a visual overview of a complex topic for monitoring or tracking purposes
- Smart Business ((for SAP Business Suite on HANA. In general also possible to run the analytical section of the Smart Business app in a SAP HANA sidecar scenario - exception: MRP)
- Insight to action cockpit - Analyze and evaluate strategic or operational KPIs in real time and trigger the right action
For the analytical apps, Fiori utilizes the HANA Studio capabilities, therefore it will be worthwhile to explore if for example a Lumira deployment on top of HANA Live might be advantageous for a sidecar scenario, though a Fiori deployment in a sidecar scenario is technically feasible.
Fiori can be implemented as an end-to-end guided business process enabler which allows to combine insights with actions in a single screen. Executable actions in a sidecar scenario can be limited from an architecture perspective and might require write-back features to ERP.
Customers and partners can build their own Fiori applications using the Fiori development toolkit.
From a technical perspective Fiori is based on SAP UI5, which is based on HTML5 based standards. Fiori is optimized for web browser and provides mobile consumption. The back end connectivity is provided by SAP’s oData (Open Data Protocol). Backend functionality is exposed by SAP NetWeaver Gateway services, which provision single point of access across SAP HANA and ABAP application security.
Fiori Library by Line of Business, Industry, roles, Application component etc.
For which countries are and Smart Business Apps available for sFin?
- SAP Note 2153644 Please this note for latest status of availability of Fiori and smart Bus Apps for sFin.
Do we need to deploy SAP Portal in order to use Fiori?
SAP Portal is the recommended point of access: SAP Portal and SAP Fiori - Common Architecture | SCN
SAP Smart Business Applications Examples:
SAP Working Capital Analytics, DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) Scope:
SAP Invoice and Goods Receipt Reconciliation:
SAP GRC Access Control Role Analytics:
SAP SCM Supply Chain Info Center: