Dashboards crashing with script error when trying to launch the application( FIXED)
This is to inform you all that we are seeing issues where you would get the below script error when trying to launch Dashboards Designer application.
This is known issue and we are working to figure out a fix for this. In the meantime, please try the below workaround to fix the issue:
1. Go to SAP Dashboards assets folder (By default "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\assets")
2. Rename folder "startPage" to another name like "startPage_change"
3. Launch SAP Dashboards again. Please kill orphan Excel.exe process beforehand if needed.
P.S. The start page would not display.
- Edit the Java Script file and turn off the Start page to hit Internet Connection.
- This could be done by going to file "start_function.js" under path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\assets\startPage\en\js
- Edit the file "start_function.js". Look for "function onInitialize()"
- Comment line: InitializeResourcesTag(); Like Below:
Please stay tuned here for any further updates.
***Latest Update***: This issue is expected to be fixed today EOD. This would not require any change or fix to be applied. In the meantime, please use any of the workaround mentioned above.
***Issue is fixed now.*** Please add your comments here if anyone is still seeing this issue.