DataGeek III: FAQs
DataGeek III - Thrones of Data FAQ
Not sure what to create?
Start by exploring the Beginner Level of the DataGeek II Challenge
Or check out the examples in the SAP Lumira Gallery.
What is the Data Geek Challenge?
The Data Geek Challenge is a movement by the data community to discover and tell the most compelling stories using data. New data visualization technologies allow us to uncover value from our data and discover new meaning. The Data Geek Challenge urges us to demonstrate how we can turn data into meaningful insight that allows us to take action and that will ultimately lead to change however big or small.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate (SAP employees, partners, customers, students, or even Dark Data Walkers)
Is there an ultimate winner or something?
You can rule one of the 5 Houses in Datarous or become the ruler to the Throne of Lumira!
- December 5, 2014 - Deadline for all submissions
- December 11, 2014 - 2 Winners of each Houses (Categories) will be announced and become Rulers of each Houses. The 10 winners will be contacted by us with details on receiving their Fitbits!
- December 11, 2014 - December 19, 2014 - Voting begins and the community can vote for the Ruler to the Throne of Lumira. The Ultimate Ruler will utilize the skills of all the Houses and lead Datarous in the ultimate fight against the Dark Data Walkers!
- December 19, 2014 - Ruler to the Throne of Lumira will be announced!
When will I receive my SCN Mission Badges?
- Mission I badges will automatically be awarded once you bookmark the How to Join page.
- Mission II badges will be manually updated every Monday. If your submit your entry by Monday 9am PST, you will receive the badge the same day. If you submit your entry after 9am PST on Mondays, then you will receive your badge the following Monday.
- Mission III and IV badges will be manually updated once the winners are announced.
How many times can you enter?
As many times you like, more than one data geek entry is encouraged, but only one t-shirt per person.
Not sure how to get started?
The best place to begin creating a data geek entry is to start with what interests you. You can enter the beginner's Challenger and play around with pre-built Lumira Cloud visualizations or view this gallery to see what other Data Geeks have created, it might spark some creative ideas for your own DataGeek entry.
I want to enter but I don’t know how SAP Lumira or SAP Predictive Analysis works?
Learn more about SAP Lumira
Learn more about SAP Predictive Analysis
Learn more about SAP Lumira custom extensions
What is the Data Geek Gallery?
The Data Geek Gallery is a library of data stories from Data Geeks around the world. The gallery is split up into categories including:
- Sports &Entertainment
- Social Good
- Health and Science
Visit the Data Geek Gallery to become inspired of what possibilities can come from your data.