Where to download the BI Platform 4.x and SAP CR Server .NET SDK
This document walks through the navigation of the new SAP Support Portal in order to help locate the Visual Studio .NET downloads for BI Platform 4.x, SAP CR Server and BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1. Both the new SAP Support Portal and the older SAP Support Portal are covered.
Following the directions in this document demystifies the complexity of navigating the SAP Support Portal in order to locate downloads of the SDKs for Visual Studio .NET. Note that information about other products and downloads is not covered, but should become intuitive by extension.
SAP Service Market Place
SAP Service Market Place (SMP) is a secured website available for users with an S user ID. If you are not sure about how to log in to SMP, consult your system administrator. Note that the SMP is not just a file downloads portal. You can use the portal to request product keys, create a phone incident and much more.
Navigating the NEW SAP Support Portal to the Downloads Page
Following are steps that will help you get to the .NET downloads for SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.x and SAP Crystal Reports Server 2011 as well as 2013. Visit the SAP Service Marketplace at this link: SAP Service Marketplace - Home:
From here, there are at least two ways of navigating to the correct downloads. This document discusses in detail navigation via the NEW SAP Support Portal. Navigation via the older SAP Support Portal () is also quickly touched on. Note that you will need to login (Login entry point varies depending on what action you choose.)
- Click on "The all NEW SAP Support Portal" link.
- Click on "Download Software".
3. Click on either "Installations & Upgrades, or "Support Packages & Patches". They both lead to the same downloads page...
4. Click on "A - Z Alphabetical List of my Products":
5. In the A - Z Index select "B" if searching for BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1, or SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.x. (if you are looking for SAP Crystal Reports Server, skip to step 12):
6. Click on the SBOP BI platform (former SBOP Enterprise) link:
7. Click on SBOP BI PLATFORM (ENTRPERISE) link.
8. Select the version of the Enterprise product you are looking for:
9. The following screen will be presented if SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 is selected (similar screen is presented for SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.0 and BOBJ ENTERPRISE XI 3.1). Click on "Installation and Upgrade:
10. Select WIINDOWS on he next screen.
11. You are now on the Downloads screen. Select the correct download. For example currently (Aug. 29, 2014), SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 SP03 ENTER .NET SDK RUNTIME WINDOWS, would be the latest .NET download.
12. If you are looking for SAP Crystal Reports Server .NET SDK, select "C" On the A - Z Index page.
13. Select SAP CRYSTAL SERVER on the "INSTALLATIONS AND UPGRADES - C" page.
14. Select SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2011 or SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2013 on the next page.
15. Then click on the "Installation and Upgrade" link and "WINDOWS" on the page after.
16. you are now on the downloads page for SAP Crystal Reports Server:
17. At the time this document was written (Aug. 29, 2014) the latest file was SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 SP03 ENTER .NET SDK RUNTIME WIN.
Navigating the older Support Portal to the Downloads Page
1. Go to the SAP Service Marketplace at this link: SAP Service Marketplace - Home.
2. Click on SAP Support Portal. You will see the following page:
3. From the Software Downloads tab of the support portal, select "Analytics Solutions".
4. Click on "Browse the Analytics Solutions Portfolio".
5. Click on "Installations and Upgrades".
6. Click on "SAP RYSTAL SERVER" for CR Server downloads. For SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.x go to step 10.
7. Click on "Installation and Upgrade".
8. Click on "Windows".
9. Find "SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 SP04 ENTER .NET SDK RUNTIME WIN" which is the latest download as of Aug. 29, 2014.
10.Click on SBOP BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM (SBOP ENTERPRISE).
11. Select the correct version (SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1, SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0, SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1.)
12. Click on :Installation and Upgrade", then WINDOWS.
13. Now select and download the correct file.