SAP on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
With Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, you can run SAP applications in an "Infrastructure as a Service" environment, which is part of a public cloud offering. AWS and SAP collaborate in support of specified SAP applications in a selected matrix of VM instance types, operating system and database versions.
For more information on the prerequisites for the operation of your SAP applications in a public cloud (IaaS) environment, check Support of SAP Applications, Operating Systems, and Databases in Public Cloud (IaaS) Environments.
- Livecache supported with Amazon Web Services (09/17/2015)
- New SAP Note on Key Monitoring Metrics for SAP on Amazon Web Services (AWS) (07/29/2015)
- For the new Microsoft SQL Server Use Terms in IaaS Environments, see SAP Note 2139358 (07/20/2015)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Guest OS Supported (07/10/2015)
SAP Notes Related to Amazon Web Services
For a list of SAP Notes that are related to support prerequisites and operation of SAP applications with AWS, see SAP Notes for Windows and Linux in Public Cloud (IaaS) Environments.
Supported SAP Applications
With Amazon Web Services, SAP supports all applications that are listed in SAP Note 1656099.
These are specified versions of:
- Applications running on Application Server(s) ABAP and/or Java as part of SAP NetWeaver
- SAP SCM Optimizer
- SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation on NetWeaver (BPCNW)
- SAP liveCache
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (SAP BI)
- SAP Afaria
- SAP IQ
- SAP Business One
Supported VM Instance Types
With Amazon Web Services, SAP supports its applications on the VM types that are listed in SAP Note 1656099.
Supported Guest Operating Systems by SAP
The table below provides a short overview on supported guest operating systems. For detailed information on your SAP product, check SAP Note 1656099.
| SAP Application|
|Applications based on |
SAP NetWeaver AS
|SAP BI||SAP Afaria|
|Windows Server 2003||not supported||not supported||not supported|
|Windows Server 2008|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||supported||supported||supported|
|Windows Server 2012||supported|
|Windows Server 2012 R2||supported|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)||supported (*1)||supported (*3)||not supported|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)||supported (*2)|
(*1) released as of RHEL 6 or higher
(*2) released as of SLES 11 or higher
(*3) released on all SLES and RHEL versions that are listed in the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for SAP BI
The table below provides a short overview on supported databases. For detailed information on your SAP product, check SAP Note 1656099.
| SAP Application|
|Applications based on|
SAP NetWeaver AS
|IBM DB2||supported (*1)|
|MaxDB, Livecache||supported (*2)|
|Microsoft SQL Server||supported (*3)|
|Oracle Database||not supported|
|SAP ASE||supported (*4)|
(*1) released as of IBM DB2 LUW 9.7 or higher
(*2) released as of MaxDB version 7.8 or higher; for Livecache versions see SAP Note 1656099.
(*3) released as of MS SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher; please consider the new Microsoft SQL Server Use Terms as outlined in SAP Note 2139358
(*4) released as of SAP ASE 15.7.0.051 or higher
(*5) released on all RDBMS that are listed in the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for SAP BI
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of frequently asked questions for the support prerequisites and the operation of SAP applications with AWS, check Frequently Asked Questions: Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Getting Started and Further Documents regarding Operation of SAP Products with AWS
- For documentation that is related to getting started with SAP software on AWS and for Customer Case Studies, see http://aws.amazon.com/sap.
- For the technical papers and guides of Amazon regarding planning, implementation and deployment for SAP NetWeaver based software and DBMS, see http://aws.amazon.com/sap/whitepapers.