Different ways of using crosstab in a Dashboard.
This document provides information about different ways of consuming data in a crosstab format from Webi into a dashboard
This can be achieved using BIWS as well as Live office connections in Dashboards.
QaaWs does not support crosstab.
Using BI web service:
1. Create a Webi report in Cross tab format.
2. Publish the Crosstab block as a Web service.
3. Launch Dashboard Designer.
4. In the Data -> Connections ->Add -> Web Service Query (Query As A Web Service)/ Web service connection .
5. Click on import button.
6. In the output values ->Table -> Row ->Cell, map it to a range.
7. In output values -> Headers -> Row -> Cell
8. Map it to the row above the previously mapped
9. In the Usage option ->Check refresh before components are loaded.
10. Drag a Spreadsheet Table component in the Canvas.
11. Map it to the whole range.
12. Preview the Dashboard.
You could also go through the following SAP note:
1996794 - How to create a Dashboard based on the crosstab using web services published from a Webi report.
Using Live office:
1.Create a crosstab in a Webi report or crystal report.
2. Create Live Office document in the Excel and Save the Excel document.
3. In the Dashboard Designer, go to Data tab ->Import menu and import the Live
Office document created in the above step.
4. Add the Live office connection in Data Manager ->Add ->Live office. Specify a hostname in the Session URL under Definition tab.
5. Drag a Spreadsheet Table component on canvas.
6. Map it to the Crosstab in the Excel spreadsheet.
7. Preview the dashboard.