How to display application data in My Inbox app
You can easily integrate your custom workflow scenarios to the My Inbox app in a few days.
- SAP Fiori - My Inbox
- 2118812 - How to Extend SAP Fiori My Inbox
- SAP Fiori - Adding a Custom Workflow in 6 Steps
- How to Guide: SAP Fiori - Adding a Custom Workflow Scenario to the SAP Fiori Approve Requests in 6 Steps
But a challenge is displaying application data. Several solution options are available based on your project budget.
|1||Customize workitem description|
No programing is required
|2||Generate workitem description as HTML by BADI|
|3||Create PDF attachment|
|Workflow background step|
SAP Business Workflow development
|4||Extend UI using UI extension points|
1. Customize workitem description
This is a low cost solution and approver can see enough application data in description. But most of customers don't like text description.
Go to Description tab and edit.
You can include container elements to workitem description.
Container element is included as &####&.
2. Generate workitem description as HTML by BADI
This is also low cost solution and most of customers are fine with table style html.
BADI is /IWPGW/BADI_TGW_TASK_DATA.
3. Create PDF attachment
With this solution, you do not need to change anything in Fiori Approve Requests app. Approve Requests app supports attachment handling in the standard. Solution is implemented in SAP Business Workflow template side. Traditional workflow consultants can implement this easily. Please make sure SmartForm is available for the business object. This solution fits for document which has many line items like invoice approval.
1. Create a sub object in the transaction SWO1.
2. Set object delegation
3. Add a method which creates PDF attachment. This is ABAP programing.
You can call FM CONVERT_OTF and SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD
4. Create a background task
5. Include the background task to the workflow template
4. Extend UI using UI extension points
This is a powerful option and you can extend OData and UI but it cost for development days/weeks.
1. Implement class or Extend OData
Implement Context Collectionor Extend OData by redefining methods
2. Extend UI using UI extension points
Please visit SAP Fiori - Extensibility