'Gateway as a Service' is now 'HCI OData Provisioning'
The Gateway team is working hard to bring OData Services to the end-users where ever they are:
- in ABAP-centric scenarios via the ABAP-based SAP NetWeaver Gateway
- in mobile scenarios via the Integration Gateway which is part of the SAP Mobile Platform 3.0
- in cloud-centric scenarios via 'Gateway as a Service'
In addition other efforts are supporting SAP's OData Strategy:
- Data Access with OData in SAP HANA XS
- Apache Olingo
- OData as an OASIS standard
In order to strengthen and harmonize the cloud-based integration solutions 'SAP HANA Cloud Integration' and 'Gateway as a Service' we plan to bring these two offerings closer together. The first step of this activity is only a small one - we aligned the naming.
What does this mean? 'Gateway as a Service' is now called 'HCI OData Provisioning'. In addition we added support for the latest version of the SAP HANA Cloud Connector and some minor corrections.
As we are thinking of a closer integration between the two offerings and we cannot gurantee an effortless migration we are currently offering 'HCI OData Provisioning' as a trial edition only.
So what does all this mean to you?
- Cloud-based integration plays a very important role
- You can continue developing and testing on the SAP HANA Cloud with 'HCI OData Provisioning' as you did with 'Gateway as a Service'
- SAP NetWeaver Gateway's backend connectivity (IW_BEP) will continue to be the central connecting point to the ABAP-based SAP Business Suite
- Stay tuned for further updates on 'SAP HANA Cloud Integration'
- HANA Cloud Platform - Trial: SAP HANA Cloud Platform
- SAP HANA Cloud Connector: https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?e6c7616abb5710148cfcf3e75d96d596.html
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration: http://www.sap.com/pc/tech/cloud/software/hana-cloud-integration/index.html
- Integration Gateway: http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc02000.0302/doc/html/title.html
- How to connect the SAP Business Suite to the SAP HANA Cloud Platform using Gateway as a Service Trial Edition