What is the Conflict Minerals Scenario?
The Conflict Minerals scenario of SAP Product Stewardship Network enables you to collaborate with your business partners regarding compliance with regulations that limit the use of conflict minerals in electronic products.
To whom is the Conflict Minerals Scenario aimed at?
SAP Product Stewardship Network for Conflict Minerals is aimed at companies that need to make sure that their products’ components are compliant with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
What are the benefits of using the Conflict Minerals scenario?
- Easily exchange conflict mineral declarations
- Immediately see whether your products are compliant with the current regulations
- Access an easy and refined tool that analyzes the GeSI-based declarations you have received or sent
- Reduce your risk of using non-compliant products
- Save time and costs in collecting and analyzing individual GeSI Sheets
Which content does the Conflict Minerals scenario use?
The conflict minerals declarations you exchange on SAP Product Stewardship Network provide information on compliance with section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. This act requires the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to include requirements for disclosures relating to conflict minerals originating in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. SAP Product Stewardship Network supports the exchange of declarations based on the Conflict Minerals Reporting Template created by the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition® (EICC®) and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI). This template, which many companies have already adopted, serves as a standardized means of reporting compliance with conflict minerals legislation.
How does the Conflict Minerals scenario work?
As a manufacturer, you can do the following on SAP Product Stewardship Network:
To do so, sign into the system, connect to your suppliers and customers and provide them with your (or ask them to provide their) EICC/GeSI conflict minerals declarations.
- Receive EICC/GeSI conflict minerals declarations from your suppliers
- Provide EICC/GeSI conflict minerals declarations to customers