Wide Area Network Connectivity for SAP on Premise and Cloud Solutions Integration
The network certification tests performance, security, reliability and tools. We test from three remote locations around the globe to a single location in the Americas. We test against three major pieces of SAP software, being PORTAL, CRM and Business Objects.
SAP Integration Scenario
1. Network Performance Optimization (NETWK-PERF 2.0)
- Improving response times of SAP application accessed over the internet.
- Reduce bandwidth requirements for SAP Applications accessed over the Internet
2. Network Security (NETWK-SECUR 2.0)
- SSL traffic encryption for SAP application accessed over the Internet
- End-to-end SSL traffic connectivity from Internet based end user to backend systems via network proxies
- SSL encryption with X.509 Client certificate based authentication
- Advanced security filters for applications on the network.
- Intrusion and attack prevention and defense.
3. Network Reliability and Availability (NETWK-AVAIL 2.0)
- Reverse Proxy and load balancing to backend application cluster nodes.
- Network Quality of Service Management (only if network vendor provides additional test tools for network traffic generation).
4. Network Tools (NETWK-TOOLS 2.0)
- Demonstration of a networking feature of your product that is of specific value to an SAP customer and must be of strategic interest to SAP. The feature to be certified must be agreed upon by SAP and the Partner before certification commences.
- Tools that are to be considered are useful in testing and operation of SAP applications to be accessed via the Internet, for instance a WAN emulator
The SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) highly recommends that ISVs and technology partners, who are interested in certifying an integration of their product with SAP solutions, begin with our page Getting Started with Integration and Certification that explains the SAP ICC services and describes the process how to obtain them. This page helps you select the correct integration scenario and contains technical information, streaming media presentations, step-by-step guides, and much more.
News & Highlights: If you would require further technical support about SAP-endorsed technologies, temporary resources before/during/after the certification process, and/or help during the implementation at a customer site we recommend to contact one of the system integrator companies providing "SAP Integration and Certification Center - Software Integration Services Certification". Please find here the contact details of these certified companies.
SAP On Premise Business Suite and SAP Cloud Solution Integration
In addition to the technical interface specifications below, please also read Certification guide.
- NETWK-PERF 2.0 was introduced as a certifiable interface in this release
- NETWK-SECUR 2.0 was introduced as a certifiable interface in this release
- NETWK-AVAIL 2.0 was introduced as a certifiable interface in this release
- NETWK-TOOLS 2.0 was introduced as a certifiable interface in this release
Test System Recommendation from ICC
A new version 2.0 of this network product and services certification has been released as of November 2013. The new test landscape is hosted on Amazon’s AWS-VPC service and requires AWS deployable software appliances from vendors which want to be certified. Tests are conducted leveraging multiple AWS datacenter locations around the world connected via the Internet. A range of SAP application components and scenarios are provided, including the capability to test SAP Cloud Solution to On-Premise application integration scenarios (so called Hybrid applications).
NEW! SAP Network Technology Proof of Concept Service:
The quickest way to gain access to an SAP system suitable for network technology testing is through the Proof of Concept service which provides access to the AWS based SAP network technology test landscape..
16,000 Euro per certification (Euro currency applicable to all countries). To understand all services and benefits included in this fee, please refer to the Getting Started Page.
The lab facility is also available in helping to prepare with the certification or r for Proof of Concept service. Please reach out to ICC for pricing and availability.
Benefits of Certification
Customers using SAP-certified solutions in their SAP environment, as well as the ISVs and partners offering these, experience great benefits such as shorter implementation times, technical enablement, and marketing assets that certification provides.
Please visit the Certification Benefits overview page for more information.
- After successful certification testing the network technology solution can be advertised with the following logo:
Testing Secure Enterprise SOA Applications across Wide Area Networks without Leaving the Lab.
SAP Training and Help:
Please refer to SAP Education.
ICC Webinar: You are invited to join our introductory webinars - hosted by the SAP Integration and Certification Center in regular intervals. For a schedule and recordings got to the page "
Apply for ICC Services right away - please fill in the SAP ICC online application form.
SAP Application Development partner directory: The certified solutions are listed in our SAP Application Development partner directory. To find a list of currently certified partners please use this search Current Network Certifications. Also you may find the previous certifications using this link esoa-aw certifications. These certifications are from the previous generation network certification. Please note that a certification is valid for three years from the certification date.