SAP NetWeaver Gateway SP8 is out
the last couple of months the Gateway teams arround the world have been busy with providing more solutions for more scenarios. Just to mention a few of the newly shipped products from the last weeks and months where Gateway and OData are either directly or indirectly involved:
- Gateway productivity accelerator for Microsoft (now already SP1 with Excel support)
- Gateway as a Service (SAP HANA Cloud based Gateway on the Trial Landscape)
Today I would like to write about the newly released SP8 for the ABAP-based SAP NetWeaver Gateway. The main focus for this SP has been on continous improvements, vocabulary support and bringing in the feedback from customer projects.
Of course our colleagues from knowledge management have compiled a complete list of newly added topics here.
These are the highlights from the framework:
- Mass Activation of Services - especially helpful when activating a larger number of Services
- Convenience APIs to make the handling of $filter queries easier for ABAP developers
- Parallelization of Batch Queries can help to reduce the response time
- New HTTP Header to better transport warnings and success messages
- Integration with Unit Test Framework
- Enhanced annotations (Security Level and Annotation Path)
- Conversion exits were improved with better conversion support
- Performance Statistics and Gateway Client Data Explorer: Some new features in SAP NW Gateway 2.0 SP08
- Generic REST Support: Generic REST enablement with SAP NetWeaver Gateway
And these are the highlights from the Design Time:
- The Service Builder is now supporting the creation and the usage of projects that are based on annotations
- Additional data source in Service Builder - the SAP search help, similar to RFC and BOR data sources.
As always we are curious to hear your feedback on the Gateway-Community on SCN.