How to configure IP-addresses and create a cluster with 'Failover Cluster Manager' in a Windows Domain
This is the fourth part of a complete manual Fail Safe Installation guidance on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Use the first part to promote the domain controller and to create the domain.
Use the second part to change the domain on the existing nodes.
Use the third part to see how to install 'Failover Clustering' Feature.
In this document you will see the steps needed for the configuration.
- IP configuration must be done on the Domain Controller within 'DNS Manager'.
It is very-very important to specify here 'virtual' hostnames for the cluster that comes only in a later stage.
- To make sure the hostname resolution will work perfectly, change the content of hosts file on all nodes (incl. Domain Controller)
In this example we have only 2 nodes + 1 Domain Controller.
AS OF NOW, THE BELOW STEPS MUST BE PERFORMED ONLY ON ONE SINGLE NODE!
- Create the Cluster with 'Failover Cluster Manager'
- Enter the two nodes here. It is very likely that you must explicitly enter the fully qualified domain names if they are not present there.
- Its up to you to accept it or not.
- Specify a name for the cluster and choose a network