PBF How-to Guides Link List
This document will serve as an index page for locating various PBF How-to guides. The guides have been created by various PBF developers. We will update this page on a periodic basis. Please use the comment section below to send us any requests for new guides if you have a topic that is not listed!
Budget Form topics
- Guide to Read Textual Data Related to Budget Forms: List of all the functions related textual data in PBF. It talks about flow of important functions related to Line Text, Comment Types and Form Elements that are used in Budget Forms.
- Approvers based on Fund Centers in Stage Workflow: This how-to guide explains how Approvers can be maintained using other header dimensions, or even custom attributes, along with necessary business logic to ensure that these Approvers are used in the PBF Stage Workflow.
- Alternate ways of displaying PBF Budget Form line item text: This PBF how-to guide describes alternate ways of working with line texts without using popup boxes along with the basic steps to implement these alternate approaches.
- Approaches to add multiple new table rows in a single button click: This how-to guide describes various ways of allowing users to add more than one line at a time in a VC form.
PEP (Personnel Expenditure Planning) topics
- PEP FAQ:This is a collection of questions from customers using PEP.
- PEP Execution: PEP Monitor, process chain assignment and queue table, analyzing PEP errors and deleting projections
- PEP Overview of Versions: This gives an overview of PEP versions and functionality in PBF 7.1, 8.0 and 8.1.
- PEP Configuration: This describes the configuration required to execute PEP projections.
- Getting Started with PEP: This describes the minimum master data required to execute PEP projections.
- PEP Benefits: This guide explains setup of PEP benefits and impacts on PEP results.
- Steps for Logging BICS Activity: Explains steps to log BICS activity. This is particularly useful if you are trying to debug performance issues.
- How to Log Changes in Plan Data Using DataStore Object: PBF leverages standard BI BAdIs that provide this functionaltiy as explained in the standard How-to document. Additionally PBF provides BAdI Implementation /PBFBI/EI_AUDIT_LOG_ON_SAVE and class /PBFBI/CL_AUDIT_LOG_ON_SAVE.