SMP - Enterprise Scale Mobility: Troubleshooting Agentry
SAP Mobile Platform: Enterprise Readiness Built-Ins
The SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) is a one-of-a kind solution for enterprises that take mobility seriously. SMP provides you with state of the art technology guaranteeing enterprise ready operations, with built in features including Security, Performance, Supportability, Lifecycle Management and more.
In this series of SCN pages, we drill down into Enterprise Readiness.You'll find links to White Papers, How-To Guides, recorded presentations and demos, Blogs and other resources that dive deep into any of the five selected topics.
Use these tabs to browse to the additional pages:
|Enterprise Scale Mobility||Life Cycle Mgt||Performance||Security||Supportability|
|Recordings from Webinar Series|
SMP on Topic: Supporting & Troubleshooting Agentry
- Agentry Server documentation is included in the SMP 2.3 documentation
- Syclo User required: Documentation Home Page and Syclo Resource Center - Knowledge Base
- The Wiki for Agentry is the first place for you if you need any troubleshooting support. Our support team proudly refers to this set of pages and technical content as the Support Survival Guide, covering How-To Guides, Tutorials, and of course a Troubleshooting Section.
- Troubleshooting for Apps provides information about resolving configuration, development, deployment, and production problems that you may encounter using SAP Agentry Mobile Platform, version 6.x. It includes a collection of symptoms, with information to further diagnose or solve the problem.
- Discussions provide a great opportunity for asking questions, helping others, or just staying up-to-date of what moves the community.
The webinars below are complementing the standard Agentry courses that are offered through SAP Training:
- SAP Agentry - Essentials (MOB 300)
- SAP Agentry - Work Manager for SAP Foundation (MOB 310)
- SAP Agentry - Running IBM's Maximo Applications (MOB 320)
As part of the 6 month long webinar series 'SAP Mobile Platform - Enterprise Scale Mobility', @Mark Pe hosted three webinars Supporting & Troubleshooting Agentry. Mark is a senior Agentry Support Architect from the SAP Global Support Team.
The content is applicable to both SMP 2.3 and to earlier, stand-alone releases of Agentry.
- Introduction to Supporting Agentry
- Debugging details and concepts
- Exemplary Walkthroughs to identify & resolve issues
Note that this is a series of consecutive webinars, not of stand-alone presentations, so we strongly recommended to watching the recordings in the right sequence.
- The goal of the webinars is to provide an insight into Agentry, to learn how to use the tools to debug and to quickly assess support situations.
- The target audience are support engineers, system integrators, super users and IT administrators. It gets fairly hands-on!
Part 1 - Introduction to Supporting Agentry
This session introduces you to the tools needed to quickly & efficiently assess and respond to support situations. We describe here the techniques that we'll apply in detail in the next two webinars.
Also available: PDF presentation
Part 2 - Debugging details and concepts
Take a deep dive with us into the typical Agentry installation. We'll look at directory structures and relevant files, and the connections & dependencies between them. The webinar will enable you to quicker uncover issues and support solutions.
Make sure to check the PDF presentation as well!
Given the length of the webinar, I cut it into three parts.
Video 1: Release & Patch History
Video 2: File & Folder Structure
Mark takes you through a bit of release history. The goal is to ensure that you know YOUR implementation, including release and patch characteristics.
To be able to identify, analyze and solve unexpected behavior, it is important to know the significance and locations of various files.
Video 3: Black Box Debugging
This session focus on the 'black box': Mark will give you guidance for identifying the cause of unexpected behavior of the software.
Part 3 - Support Strategy: Exemplary Walkthroughs to identify & resolve issues
|This sessions builds on the knowledge you gained in the previous sessions. We'll walk you through a few exemplary real-life situations and show how they are analyzed and solved.|
PDF presentation will be posted shortly.
Given the length and structure of the webinar, I cut it into seven parts.
Video 1: Setting Agentry Support into Practice
Video 2: Exemplary Walkthrough 1
How do address a problem so that you are able to identify the cause and resolve it quickly?
Mark walks you through an exemplary analysis: 'Fail to load ag3javaBE.dll'
|Video 3: Exemplary Walkthrough 2||Video 4: Error Analysis Case 1|
Mark walks you through an exemplary analysis: How to disable the ‘Download Production Order button’ from the mobile app SAP Inventory Manager.
Mark walks you through an exemplary analysis related to IBM Maximo
Video 5: Error Analysis Case 2
|Video 6: Error Analysis Case 3|
Mark walks you through an exemplary analysis of and SQL error: 'Cannot find Flunky lastUpdate'
Mark walks you through an exemplary analysis: 'Design & Configure Worktype FMPM'
Video 7: Summary
This recording summarizes the series: Agentry Support in a Nutshell
People to follow