MOPZ Step 2.4 - Select OS,DB-Dependent Files
Select OS/DB-Dependent Files.
Enhanced by note 1940845 - MOpz: enhancement to support new backend services
grouped by technical systems.
ABAP queue check errors is moved to list in MOpz step 2.5 instead of 2.4 in case you have implemented the SAP note
1940845 - MOpz: enhancement to support new backend services
1.Errors: ABAP queue check failed
Internal error: & & & &
Possible root cause,
if you have a java technical system ---check LMDB/SMSY, the ABAP software components should not be listed in the software component list.
if you have a dual stack technical system---check the LMDB/SMSY data base of ABAP and JAVA part should be maintained the same in LMDB/SMSY
2. Error: Support Package level &1 of &2 from system &3 is unknown.
Generally there are two reasons:
For example in 2010-04-29 SAP APPL 605 support package level 38 is maintained in SMSY/LMDB as installed in system. and SAP doesn't release such support package in PPMS. Please check whether the data source is "Manual". It happens mostly when it is "Manual".
Solution: double check the already installed software components in the system and correct the support package level in SMSY/LMDB.
The support package level is not defined in PPMS ( the stacks of SAP products are defined in SAP BACK-END, in PPMS)
For example in 2010-04-29 JSPM 7.02 support package level 4 is installed in system and SAP doesn't release such support package in PPMS. Please check whether the data source is "SLD". It happens mostly when it is "SLD" and for non-ABAP software component.
In case of non-ABAP, forward the ticket to XX-INT-NAAS-MAKE.
In case of ABAP, forward the ticket to BC-UPG-ADDON. If you are not so sure, please create message to component SV-SMG-MAI. MOPZ support will check further.
3. Errors:During the calculation, MOPZ frontend may display the below ERROR messages.
Instance &2 doesn't belong to product version &1, but it belongs to the product version during the calculation.
Instance &1 doesn't exist in PPMS
Included instance &1 doesn't exist in PPMS
The stack is not filled for included instance &1
Instance &1 exists in PPMS but is not defined in used stack &2
This is the mostly thrown messages. The main reason is that INCLUDED INSTANCE is incomplete
The reason is incomplete data or wrong data to get software components for an instance. It's critical to inform the user and stop user's further actions, otherwise user's system will be updated to inconsistent status.
4. Warning: &1 is not available for user S&
Information: &1 is required to update to &2 to avoid functional downgrade for &3 (target SP stacks contain &4)
"Equivalent Support Package Check" is to make sure the SP in the target stack is equivalent to the installed start SP, which means the target SP has all functions as start SP. This promise there will no missing functions after the update. If the SP in the target stack is lower than the start system already installed equivalent package, MOPZ will replace it with the equivalent SP.
Below is the example:
start system: CV ST-PI 2008_1_620 SP2 is included.
target system: upgrade to PV 'SAP CRM 7.0 / NW7.01' Stack 05.
According to the target stack definition, target PV 'SAP CRM 7.0 / NW7.01' Stack 05 contains ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP1. Which means, if mopz do not consider the Equivalent support package, the ST-PI 2008_1_620 SP2 will update to ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP1.
But MOPZ has "Equivalent Support Package Check":
ST-PI 2008_1_620 SP2 is equivalent to ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP2. So ST-PI 2008_1_620 SP2 should be updated to ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP2 instead of ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP1.
ABAP queue check failed
OCS package SAPK-*********** does not match the current software
possible root cause:
1.Check the RFC SM_SIDCLNT***_READ. make sure the RFC works.
2.SLD and SMSY/LMDB information mismatch. Resynchronize the technical system from SLD to LMDB/SMSY.
6 Errors: Installed instance &1 is not compatible during the update
1. Click the display help button for the error message first.
2. Check the SAP note 1811055 and 1868738
7 Errors: Please select technical usages to update instance Learning Solution
Check the SAP note 1754885 Error: Please select technical usages to update instance Learning Solution
- The 'automatically calculation' means MOpz can calculate the Platform (Operation system and Database) then supply the explicit Kernel of according Platform. For -EXT/Non-EXT or Unicode/non-Unicode, user still needs to select by himself.
- If Netweaver >= 7.02, it is possible to automatically calculate the Platform of the Kernal and it can be pre-selected automatically. For some reason (eg: technical system can not transfer the Platform information correctly into SLD) , the kernel still needs to be manually selected by user even with NW >= 7.2.
- If Netweaver < 7.02, Kernal can not be calculated automaticaly by MOpz and user has to select Kernel manually. (This is because Technical system can not supply the Kernel information to SLD, so no information will be transfered from SLD to SMSY then to MOpz)
Q4: Why Non-EXT-Kernel is included in the PPMS(stacks defines in PPMS sap back-end)but can not be selected in MOpz. Only EXT-Kernel can be listed in MOpz?
if in case of a Java technical system
* EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0
* EHP2 FOR SAP CRM 7.0
* EHP2 FOR SAP SRM 7.0
on NW 7.3 is installed or targeted, only the EXT-kernel shall be provided for selection in the MOpz UI.
If there is no delta for OS/DB SCV (the OS/DB files SP in start system is the same as that in target system), then the OS/DB files will remain in system and no OS/DB files will be listed in MOpz.
If the OS/DB files are also included in add-on product version, these files will be listed in step 'select stack-independent files' but not step 'select OS/DB dependent files'. For example, component version 'HANA CONTENT HBA SAP CRM' in add-on product version 'SAP HANA ANALYTICS FOR CRM 1.0'. The component version is OS/DB dependent SCV, but it is included in add-on product version. So it is listed in step 'select stack-independent files' but not step 'select OS/DB dependent files'.
Only when NW>=7.3, MOpz will list SUM archive file.
Q7: Why no Kernel or IGS... SCVs listed in stack.xml.
- user did not select the SCV
- the SCV or its SP in your system is >= SCV in target stacks. Then the larger SCV will retain in the system. Which means no SCV will be updated during running mopz, then no SCV will be listed in stack.xml. (in such situation, no SCV will be listed in mopz)