FAQs - Sustainability Assessment
- Registration & System Access
- Company Profile
- Build Your Network
- Sustainability Assessments
- What types of organizations should participate in the survey?
- What does the survey cover?
- How are the survey scored? Where can I see how many points each question is worth?
- How are multiple-choice questions that contain a nested percentage option scored?
- How much does participation in a survey cost?
- How will this help make my business more successful?
- There is a Work With Suppliers and a Work With Customers work center. What are these work centers for?
- I can only see the Work With Suppliers / Work With Customers work center. How can I see both work centers?
- Where can I see the surveys I need to respond to?
- How do I take surveys received from customers?
- I received a survey which does not apply to my products, what shall I do?
- Can I reopen a survey after I submitted it?
- I am a supplier. How do I view my scorecards?
- How do I print a scorecard once I submitted a survey?
- When I try to open a questionnaire, the system displays a message saying I have no licenses left. What does that mean?
- When creating a survey, I want to choose a questionnaire, but the dropdown box is empty.
- Buying TSC® Product Sustainability Toolkits
- Inbox & Notifications
- Important Links
What are sustainability assessments?
How were the questions of the surveys developed?
What is The Sustainability Consortium?
Registration & System Access
How do I register for SAP Product Stewardship Network?
During registration I am asked to choose a scenario. Which scenario should I choose?
I registered for the wrong scenario. How can I change it?
How can I edit my company profile?
How can I upload a logo to my company profile?
How can I change my contact information?
Build Your Network
Why do I need to be connected to my customers or suppliers?
How do I see if I am connected to a specific company?
Where can I see if someone has sent me a connection request?
How can I connect to someone?
Why is there no tile Build Your Network on my Overview tab?
What types of organizations should participate in the survey?
What does the survey cover?
How are the survey scored? Where can I see how many points each question is worth?
- Each question is weighed equally.
- Respondents can only select one of the lettered response options. When certain response options are selected, additional entry options may become available, primarily to enter a percentage value related to the question. See the question below.
- For some questions, “Not applicable” responses are allowed without penalty when it’s possible that a question is not relevant for a supplier or their supply chain.
- Lettered response options are laddered so that response option “B” is worth more points than “A”, “C” is worth more points than “B”, and so on.
- In general, a question’s value is divided equally across the responses. If there are six possible multiple-choice responses, for example, the response values would be 0, 0.20, 0.40, 0.60, 0.80, or 1.00.
How are multiple-choice questions that contain a nested percentage option scored?
- A = 0.
- B = 0.167 (1/6)
- C = 0.333 (1/3)
- D/D1 = 0.333 + (0.667 x NN%)
How much does participation in a survey cost?
How will this help make my business more successful?
There is a Work With Suppliers and a Work With Customers work center. What are these work centers for?
I can only see the Work With Suppliers / Work With Customers work center. How can I see both work centers?
Where can I see the surveys I need to respond to?
How do I take surveys received from customers?
As a supplier, you receive product category-specific surveys from your customers to assess and track your performance on critical sustainability issues. You are able to take surveys if you have purchased and activated the TSC® Product Sustainability Toolkit for the category to which the survey applies.To take a survey, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Overview tab of the Home work center and click Take Surveys, or go to the Take Surveys tab of the Work with Customers work center.
- Click the survey you want to answer. If you are not yet connected with the customer that has sent you the survey, click Confirm in the dialog box that appears. If you have not yet activated the Toolkit for the survey you want to answer, click Activate Toolkit in the dialog box that appears.
- Review the KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and CSP (Category Sustainability Profiles) documents available under Additional Information.
- Begin answering questions in the survey. For each question, additional guidance regarding the KPI is available.
- If you have not answered all the questions and want to save and close the survey, click Close. If you have answered all questions and are ready to submit the survey, click Submit... in the dialog box that appears. If you have answered all questions and are not yet ready to submit the survey, click Submit Later in the dialog box.
- If you have clicked Submit..., a dialog box appears. In this dialog box, select the Confirm checkbox and enter the requested information.
- Click Sign and Submit and close the Confirmation dialog box. Your supplier scorecard opens automatically.
I received a survey which does not apply to my products, what shall I do?
If you have received a survey, which does not apply to your products you can decline it. Open the survey and click Decline Survey. Your customer will be informed about the rejection and will then decide whether to resend or withdraw the survey. If he resends the survey, he expects you to complete it, you cannot decline the survey a second time.
You can search for surveys, which better suit your products. To do so, go to Work With Customers --> Take surveys. Here all surveys that have been sent to you are listed. Right on top of the list you can click Find Surveys and enter a search term.
Can I reopen a survey after I submitted it?
Yes. If you want to change your answers to a survey after you have submitted it but before it expires, proceed as follows:
- On the survey, click Reopen.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.
- Proceed to change your answers.
- When you are ready to submit your survey again, click Submit and repeat the confirmation procedure.
Please note: Even if you had submitted the survey previously, you must submit it again before it expires in order for the customer to receive it.
I am a supplier. How do I view my scorecards?
If you are a supplier, you can view a supplier scorecard that indicates your score and improvement potential for each key performance indicator (KPI) as well as how you rank against other suppliers for a particular survey. You can view your supplier scorecard in theTake Surveys tab of the Work with Customers work center by clicking Open Scorecard for the desired survey.
The scorecard contains the following information:
- Information: The customer name, survey name, questionnaire name, supplier due date, and a message from the customer, if available
- Score: Your survey score based on your answers. If you are using the Professional or Enterprise edition, you can also view your rank against other participating suppliers who have submitted the survey as well as the average score of all participating suppliers who have submitted the survey.
- Supplier Ranking: If you are using the Professional or Enterprise edition, you can view a ranking of survey participants, including the four suppliers ranked higher and the four suppliers ranked lower than your company and their scores. The names of the other suppliers are kept anonymous. The supplier ranking is available only if 5 or more suppliers have submitted the survey.
How do I print a scorecard once I submitted a survey?
Please note: Printing is fully supported only in Google Chrome (latest version). Other browsers supported by SAP Product Stewardship Network provide only limited print functionality. To access supplier scorecards, you must be either a customer using the Professional or Enterprise edition of SAP Product Stewardship Network or a supplier.
To print a supplier scorecard, proceed as follows:
- Open the desired supplier scorecard in one of the following ways:
- If you are a supplier, open the scorecard for the desired survey in the in the Take Surveys tab of theWork with Customers work center.
- If you are a customer using the Professional or Enterprise edition, open the desired survey in the Surveys tab of the Work with Suppliers work center, and click Open Scorecard for the desired supplier.
- Click Print at the bottom of the scorecard.
- Ensure that the following settings are made:
- The option for headers and footers is disabled.
- The option for background colors and images is enabled.
- Make other settings as desired and proceed to print the document.
When I try to open a questionnaire, the system displays a message saying I have no licenses left. What does that mean?
When creating a survey, I want to choose a questionnaire, but the dropdown box is empty.
Buying TSC® Product Sustainability Toolkits
What are TSC ® Product Sustainability Toolkits?
A TSC ® Product Sustainability Toolkit provides the items you need to send out or take a survey: questionnaires, a scoring model, and additional help texts and suggestions for improvement. Each Toolkit is specific to one product category, for example, baby wipes or greeting cards.
Where can I buy TSC ® Product Sustainability Toolkits licenses?
What is the SAP Product Stewardship Network community (SCN)?
I cannot post my questions to the community. Why is that?
How can I register on the community?
- Note that email addresses can be used only once. Also, we allow only one account per person.
- During the registration process, the system will ask you to verify your email.