SAP BusinessObjects Release Notes; Where to find them?
The SAP BusinessObjects Release Notes consists of a list of fixed items and known issues for a particular Service Pack/Fix Pack/Patch. SAP recommends that the release notes of a minor release, support pack, or critical patch be reviewed prior to application. You should not expect an issue to be fixed if it is not listed in the release notes and you should also be aware of the new issues that have been documented because the issues might impact you.
If there are no issues fixed by a Critical Patch, then there is no reason to apply the patch.
If you are unsure about how the new issues may impact you, you should contact SAP Support to help determine if the patch can be safely applied.
To find the release notes
The following guide shows you how to find the release notes for the SAP BusinessObjects BI4.x platform. Similar steps can be followed to find the Release Notes for other applications.
- Navigate to http://service.sap.com and enter the SAP Support Portal.
*An account on the SAP Support Portal is required. To obtain an account, please contact your SAP Account Executive.
- After entering the SAP Support Portal, navigate to the "Software Download" section.
- Within the Software Download section, navigate to "Analytics Solutions".
- To access the available solutions within the Analytics Solutions Downloads, select "Browse the Analytics Solutions Portfolio".
- Click on "Support Packages and Patches".
- The list of available Analytics Solutions will be displayed. Scroll down to find the listing for the "SBOP Business Intelligence Platform"
*The actual list of available solutions may vary and is depending on licenses and/or agreements between your company and SAP as well as availability of the solutions.
- Select "SBOP Business Intelligence Platform (SBOP Enterprise)" to allocate the release notes for the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform.
* The actual list of available solutions may vary and depends on licenses and/or agreements between your company and SAP and the availability of the solutions.
** For other products, navigate to the required product area and take similar steps as recorded onwards.
- In the software section for SBOP Business Intelligence Platform, select the required sub-section.
In this example: "SBOP BI Platform (Enterprise)"
- In the sub-section for SBOP BI Platform (Enterprise) select the required version.
In this example: "SBOP BI Platform 4.0"
- After taking note of the "Important Notes" recorded in the Info Screen, select "Comprised Software Component Version"
- The available applications within the SBOP BI Platform 4.0 are listed. Select the application you want.
In this example: SBOP BI Platform Servers 4.0
- The available Operating Systems for the software will be listed. Select the required Operating System.
In this example: Windows on x64 64bit
- The list of available Support Packages and Patches (or FixPacks) is displayed. Scroll down to the Service Pack or Patch you want.
In this example: SBOP BI Platform Servers 4.0 SP05 Patch 6
To retrieve the location where the Release Notes can be found, click on the button:
This will open in a new browser window
- In the newly opened window, you can find the SAP note that presents the link to the Release Notes for the selected Service Pack / Patch / FixPack. Copy or write down the number of the SAP Note
In this example the SAP Note is: 1764133
- Return to the original screen and navigate to the "Help & Support"section
- The SAP Search screen will appear. Enter or copy the SAP Note number from the previous step in the SAP Note box and click "Go"
In this example the SAP Note is: 1764133
- The SAP Note contains the information in regards to the Release Notes for the selected Service Pack / Patch / FixPack. You can find the URL for the Release Notes inside the Solution section.
Copy the URL.
- In the address field of your browser, paste the URL found in the SAP Note.
This will open the PDF document containing the Release Notes for the selected application and Patch.
You may download the PDF to your local machine.