SAP Mobile Platform - Load Testing Mostly Offline Applications
SMP Enterprise Readiness: Webinar Series
In addition to the assets that you find on below SCN pages, we - the SAP Mobile Rapid Innovation Group (RIG) - host a series of webinars around Enterprise Grade Mobility with SMP.
The webinars will be presented by mobility experts from within SAP: Every week, every Thursday, and they are free to attend! And yes, we'll post recordings a few days after the sessions.
Video Series 'Load Testing the SAP Mobile Platform'
We have prepared a series of videos to introduce you to and help you with Load Testing the SAP Mobile Platform, covering the following topics
- 'Introduction' provides you with an overview into the topic of Load Testing, different tools and different kind of apps with distinct testing requirements.
- In 'Mostly Offline Apps' we explain how to use HP LoadRunner and Apache JMeter for load testing Replication Based Synchronization apps (RBS)
- In 'Mostly Online Apps' we show how to use LoadRunner for load testing Hybrid Web Container (HWC) & On-line Data Proxy (ODP).
Load Testing 'Mostly Offline' (RBS) applications with LoadRunner and JMeter is supported as of Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) 2.1.2, including the SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) 2.3.
|Enterprise Scale Mobility||Performance||Security||Supportability|
Load testing mostly offline apps - Replication Based Synchronization
We have prepared two video presentations to walk you through the steps of load testing RBS mobile apps.
- In the first set of 5 videos, @John Polus explains the process for our preferred tool for load testing: HP LoadRunner.
Alternatively, you can view Dong Pan's presentation on the same topic, on one full length video (part of webinar series).
- The second set of 4 videos is presented by @Julian Breuksch, explaining the same process for JMeter.
We have published a separate How-To Guide, which includes the code that is used in the videos and is needed to complete the tutorial.
John, Dong and Julian are members of the team SAP Mobile - Rapid Innovation Group (RIG).
Load Testing with LoadRunner
The this part of the the presentation series covers the following aspects:
- Introduction to load testing 'mostly offline' mobile applications
- Step 1 - Creating a 'Mini App' for the load testing
- Step 2 - Preparing for the test
- Step 3 - Perform the test
- Step 4 - Results Analysis
Load Testing with LoadRunner
Deep Dive into the steps required to create a 'mini app'
|Video 3/5: |
Step 2 - Preparing for the tes
Step 3 - Perform the Test
Drill down into the tasks to perform the actual load test
This last video discusses the results analysis tasks
Load Testing with JMeter
In this part, we
- first discuss what the open source tool JMeter is and what it does.
- We explain how to create a Mobile Business Object,
- built a C# Mini App out of the generated code, and how to prepare it for usage in JMeter.
- The series concludes with a demonstration of how to perform the actual load test.
Part 1: Overview & Prerequisites
Before the C# mini app can be created, you need to create a Mobile Business Object, using the SDK of the SUP/SMP.
This will allow the mini app to communicate with the mobile platform.
Part 3: Customizing the generated code for JMeter
Part 4: Using the MiniApp to perform Load Tests
We show you how to create the C# applications out of the generated code of the MBO, which you created in the previous step. This step is done in Visual Studio.
With the C# Mini App created, we can now show you how to perform the load tests in JMeter.
This last video discusses the results analysis tasks.