SAP Screen Personas 2.0 - How to render flavors in Netweaver Business Client (NWBC)
Note: This article is about SAP Screen Personas 2.0. If you are looking for more information about SAP Screen Personas 3.0, please go to the SAP Screen Personas 3.0 Portal.
SAP Screen Personas only requires Silverlight 5 and a supported browser on a client computer. No installation of the SAP GUI or of the Netweaver Business Client (NWBC) is required. However, if you are already using NWBC and you would like to use Personas in the canvas area of NWBC then you can do this using the short link feature.
To show how it works we create a short demo video showing how you can create a so called short link that points to Personas that automatically connects to a specified system, transaction and flavor. This link or to be precise the link id is then used to create a menu entry in role using the transaction PFCG.
- Start with the index page in NWBC 4.0 of a prepared role
- Existing menu contains links to PFCG, the Personas admin transaction and an entry opening Personas in fullscreen mode with editing enabled
- Jump into PFCG to show how the Personas link is configured in a role that is assigned to the demo user
- BSP application
- Start page: nwbc.html (Personas runs in fullscreen mode and frameless)
- Parameter: frameless = false (adds the edit/flavor bar to fullscreen mode for editing)
- Jump into the tab with Personas open
- Open transaction SU01
- Show how the flavor "NWBC Quick View" works
- Switch back to the index page and open the Personas admin transaction
- Create a short link
- Open General Action -> Shortlink Maintenance
- Enter short link details
- Transaction code: SU01
- System: B9F (the system used for this demo)
- Flavor: NWBC Quick View
- Click on "Get Shortlink"
- The generated link could be used to open Personas for the given transaction, flavor and system in any browser
- Copy the value of the link parameter in the short link
- Switch back to PFCG and add a new entry
- Add a folder named "User Maintenance"
- Add a "BSP Application"
- Use same values as shown in the other Personas menu entry
- Add parameter "link" with the value that has been copied from the short link
- Save the role
- Switch back to the index page
- Refresh the page by pressing the CTRL button and opening Help -> Extended Supportability -> Clean-up -> Reload Navigation tree from server
- Click on the new entry called User Management -> Quick View
- Test the loaded Quick View flavor
As usual, if you want to learn more or discuss anything related to how to make your SAP GUI screens more functional using SAP Screen Personas, please start a discussion in the SAP GUI space on SCN.