ANN: SAP GUI for Java 7.30 available for download
a new major release of SAP GUI for Java is now available for download.
Besides using Java 7, SAP GUI for Java 7.30 supports various new OS versions and Linux distributions, comes with new themes, employs the Java Security Model and includes various new features.
- Support for New OS Versions:
- openSUSE 12.2
- Fedora 17
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Ubuntu 12.04
- OS X 10.8
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Support for Java SE 7
- Support for 64-bit Java also on Windows
- Corbu Theme: The new design is a fresh, modern and unique visual identity and is intentionally neutral to blend with variety of content.
- High Contrast Theme for visually impaired users is available now.
- Installation has been redesigned. It provides a better user experience and performance improvements.
- Security: Improved security by employing the Java Security Model also in stand alone mode.
- Sounds: User interface elements provide audio feedback. This can be switched off in the preferences dialog.
- Web Start Support: SAP GUI for Java now can also be deployed by using Web Start.
- Keyboard navigation: In Tabstrips, it is possible to navigate between the tabs by typing their title.
- Grid Control
- Multilevel-Undo now is supported in Grid.
- Performance of mass data change in Grid control has been improved for operations like delete, copy and duplicate.
For details please refer to the manual (chapter "3. System Requirements" and "4. Installation") of the PlatinManual and SAP note 1758540.