What's New in TM 9.0? An Overview of SAP TM 9.0 Innovations
Following our roadmap, this release adds freight forwarders to the TM industry coverage, and with it, extends the modes to cover air freight management, with specific capabilities for airfreight order, capacity, cargo and gateway management.
Enhancements however, have been holistic, covering ocean freight, manual and automated freight planning, charge management and reporting for both shipper and freight forwarder industries.
Here a high level overview of the complete TM 9.0 solution and coverage.
New developments/enhancements delivered with SAP TM 9.0 for freight forwarder industries.....
.....as well as general enhancements for shipper industries ...
That's just a small insight into what's new.
For more detail, I invite you to explore the following:
2. SAP Documentation for SAP TM 9.0. on help.sap.com.
Here you will find:
- New Release Notes for SAP 9.0 (describing the new, delta functional enhancements)
- Online TM 9.0 System Documentation (describing the complete solution (incl. the new, delta functionality)).
- PDF version of TM 9.0 System Documentation (consolidated in 1 .pdf) > in SAP Service Marketplace > see list of attached documents
- TM 9.0 Terminology & Glossary > Available here via the SAP Service Marketplace (customer/partner user required) in the list of attached documents
- Guide for using SAP Event Management with SAP TM - Scenarios for SAP Transportation Management
3. SAP TM 9.0 Guides in the Service Marketplace (Service Market Place log-on required)
I strongly recommend customers and partners make use of the guides here in their SAP TM 9.0 implementations. These documents are written by consulting and development experts to provide you with a solid overview and take you step-by-step through the needed configuration. They are an important help line to save you time and questions.
All the below guides can be accessed by SAP customers, partners and colleagues in our SAP Service Marketplace here (log-in required). Alternatively, via service.sap.com/instguides and then selecting SAP Business Suite Applications => SAP TM => Solution Manager Content Documentation => Using SAP TM 9.0.
I have listed the guides out to give you an overview of what is available. It's worth going to the site!
- SAP TM Scenario Descriptions & Scenario Configuration Guides
- Domestic Inbound Transportation
- Domestic Outbound Transportation
- International Inbound Logistics
- International Outbound Transportation
- LCL Air Freight
- LCL Ocean Freight
- Outsourced Transportation
- SAP TM Process Descriptions
- Managing Transportation Requirements
- Managing Bookings
- Planning Freight & Selecting Carriers
- Managaing Freight Orders
- Managing Forwarding Orders
- Tendering Freight
- Executing & Monitoring Freight
- Settling Costs for Internal Resources & Settling Freight Orders for LSP's and Shippers
- Settling Forwarding Orders for Customers & Settling Internal Charges for Forwarding Orders
- SAP TM Integration Guides
Basic Settings for SAP TM
Basic Settings & Integration for SAP ERP
- Integration of SAP Event Management
- Integration of Output Management
- Basic Settings for Visual Business (for map visualization and map-based planning)
- Integration of Dangerous Goods
Integration of Global Trade Services (for trade compliance)
- Integration of SAP Business Warehouse (for reporting)
Other useful documents: