SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Office 1.3 - Workspace - Types of providers
1. With the support to Workspaces in 1.3 we can see a new folder type in Open Datasource - "Workspaces"
< Insert --> Select Datasource --> Choose a BW system (>730 SP5) --> Folders >
2. Choose a specific Workspace.
3. There are 3 types of providers that Workspace can have.
a. Central Provider
- BW Infocube or Multiprovider that are added to workspace occupy this area.
b. Local Provider
- Local provider are created by uploading excel data into the workspace
Refer - for more details about how to upload excel data in to BW Workspace using AO.
c. Composite Provider
- As the name suggests these are providers which are built by combining BW provider (Infocube/Multiprovider) and Local Provider(s). Yes, there can be more than 1 local provider attached to a BW provider to form a composite provider.
1. SAP Business Objects Analysis 1.3
2. SAP BW >= 730 SP5