SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio - Technical & License Resources
SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio
Technical & License Resources
Product: SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010
Data sources: ODBC, OLE DB, Access, Excel, ADO.NET, CDO, IDataReader, DAO, RDO, XML and file-based data sources
License model: When using SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio .NET you may:
- Design reports for use in .NET applications
- Design reports for thick-client Windows applications
- Design reports for server applications
Product prerequisites: SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio .NET 2010
Processor: 1.6 MGHz or faster
Memory: 1GB (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit) RAM
Disk space: 650MB (32-bit) or 1.1GB (64-bit) available
Operating systems: Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista Platform
Design Reports for Use in .NET Applications
The SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 report designer is fully integrated within Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for powerful and easy report design. You may use the integrated designer to create an unlimited number of reports for use within your .NET applications.
Reporting for Thick-Client Windows Applications
The SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio .NET 2010 runtime engine can be integrated into thick-client Windows applications to add reporting capabilities.
A thick-client Windows application is any application in which the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio .NET 2010 runtime engine is installed and run from the end user's client machine.
You are free to deploy thick-client Windows applications that embed the runtime engine. These applications can be freely deployed both within your own organization and redistributed outside your organization to third parties at no additional charge.
Distribution of the runtime engine is subject to the terms and conditions contained in the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 License Agreement.
Reporting for Server Applications
A server application allows more than one user to access the reporting engine either directly or indirectly through any middle tier application.
You are free to deploy server applications that embed the runtime engine internally within your organization at no additional charge.
To deploy server applications to third parties, written authorization from SAP is required. You can get authorization by registering your application online at no extra cost.
Scaling Server Applications
The SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio runtime engine included with Visual Studio 2010 is designed to support small applications. Each version of Visual Studio has slight differences on how it handles multiple requests.
- Visual Studio 2003 – If you exceed the throughput limitations, the runtime engine will generate an exception. To add queuing and many other functional features to your Visual Studio 2003 application, upgrade to SAP Crystal Reports 2011.
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 – Requests to the runtime engine that exceed the throughput limitations will queue until a thread becomes available to process it.
- Supporting larger applications – Depending on your requirements, several options are available for increased scalability and functionality. Regardless of your choice, upgrading is straightforward and requires minimal code changes. Learn more