Support of SAP Applications, Operating Systems, and Databases in Virtual and Private Cloud Environments
With the General Support Statement for Virtual Environments, SAP provides a central entry point for information about support of SAP applications, operating systems, and databases in virtual and in private cloud environments. For more information, see SAP Note 1492000.
To get a matrix of the supported SAP applications, operating systems, virtualization solutions, virtualization technologies and database versions, you have to use the information in the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) and of SAP Note 1492000 as follows:
- SAP releases its applications for certain operating systems and their versions. For the operating system versions supported by your SAP application, check the Product Availability Matrix (http://support.sap.com/pam).
- SAP supports specified virtualization solutions and technologies for use with a guest operating system. For supported virtualization solutions and technologies, check the platform-specific notes in section 3 of SAP Note 1492000. For a short overview on the virtualization support, see the table 'Supported Virtualization Solutions and Technologies' below.
- SAP supports almost all its applications on the supported stack of virtualization solution, operating system and database. For exceptions and specific configuration requirements for your SAP application, check section 2 of SAP Note 1492000.
The General Support Statement for Virtual Environments applies for all SAP applications and components except the following:
- SAP HANA and SAP HANA-related applications (for support of SAP HANA in virtualized environments, see SAP HANA Deployment Options)
- SAP ITS 6.20
- Your database vendor might specify support restrictions for the use of its software in a virtual environment. For the support statement of your database vendor, check section 4 of SAP Note 1492000.
Supported Virtualization Solutions and Technologies
The following table lists the currently supported virtualization solutions and technologies which are supported for all SAP applications which agree with the General Support Statement for Virtual Environments:
|Guest Operating System||Virtualization Solutions and Technologies Supported by SAP|
|Linux on IBM Power|
Linux on IBM z Systems