B1DE:SAP Business One Development Environment Tools
SAP Business One Development Environment
SAP Business One provides several APIs for building solutions. The SAP Business One Development Environment (B1DE) is a tool that makes it even easier to use these APIs and speeds up the development and packaging of add-ons based on these interfaces.Please have a look to the Additional features and fixes of the latest B1DE versions and to the description of each one of the components:
- Additional Features and Fixes
- Upgrading B1DE
- B1 Code Generator Wizard
- B1 Simple Installer Wizard
- B1 Professional Installer Wizard
- B1 UDO Form Generator
- B1 DB Browser
- B1 Event Logger
- Featured Download
Additional Features and Fixes
- New version compiled for SAP Business One 8.81 release.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2010.
- Added cockpit and widgets code generation
- New version compiled for SAP Business One 8.8 release.
- Add new class B1WizardMatrix.Matrix in order to easily read matrixes data from B1 and also user forms with considerably improved performances (based on SAPbouiCOM.Matrix SerializeAsXml new method).
- Support of the new ButtonCombo UI API item.
- Support of the new ItemEvent et_GRID_SORT for matrixes and grids.
If you have developed an add-on with B1DE code generator and you want to upgrade the add-on to a newer B1DE version than the one you used to develop it, do the following:
- Uninstall the old B1DE and install the new one.
- Remove the reference from your add-on project to the B1WizardBase.dll.
- Add a reference from your add-on project to the B1WizardBase.dll located inside the directory where B1DE AddOn Wizard is installed (SAP Business One Development Environment -- SAP Business One AddOn Wizard).
B1 Code Generator Wizard
This tool is composed of a set of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET wizards and add-ins that generate and update B1 add-ons, creating a complete solution in terms of:
- Source code (C# or VB.NET)
- XML menu and form files
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET solution, including the references to the B1 type libraries
The tool leverages on established B1 SDK best practices, on the .NET platform and on Microsoft Visual Studio .NET environment.Please note that the different downloads of the same versions of the SAP Business One Development Environment need to be used in conjunction with the same versions of SAP Business One. Thus e.g. the available events may vary between the single downloads
B1 Simple Installer Wizard
This tool is composed of a Microsoft Visual Studio .NET wizard that generates the installer source code and registration file needed to register your add-on with the SAP Business One application.
B1 Professional Installer Wizard
This tool generates a Microsoft Visual Studio .NET solution that will help you to create a .NET Setup and Deployment installer for your add-on, including the SAP Business One registration rules.This wizard uses the Visual Studio .NET Setup and Deployment technology to create a professional looking installer with built-in setup options. This installer is more suitable for experienced .NET developers who are familiar with .NET Setup and Deployment projects.
B1 UDO Form Generator
This tool generates an XML form starting from a UDO (user-defined object) definition. It can be started from the B1 Code Generator Wizard or directly executed as a Windows application.
B1 DB Browser
This tool visualizes the current status of a SAP Business One database in terms of the tables currently defined, their columns, and properties - such as name, type, default values and database constraints. It can be started from the B1 Code Generator Wizard or directly executed as a Windows application.
B1 Event Logger
This tool listens for all events fired by the UI API interface and shows one line per each event in a .NET Grid. The information shown for each event depends on the event type.
Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010.NET Framework 2.0
SAP Business One 8.81 (New)
Don't forget to read the Upgrade Tips in the B1DE Help File before upgrading your add-on to another B1 version or another B1DE version.
Visual Studio 2005/2008.NET Framework 2.0
SAP Business One 8.81 (New)
Don't forget to read the Upgrade Tips in the B1DE Help File before upgrading your add-on to another B1 version or another B1DE version
*Make sure to download the correct version. Select the version based on your SAP Business One, Visual Studio and .NET Framework version.
B1DE is provided as-is and comes with the source code. There is no support by SAP for this tool Please provide feedback on the B1 Development Environment in this SDN Blog, we are interested in your opinion.