Frequently Asked Questions - SAP on Windows Server 2008
Which editions of Windows Server 2008 are supported?
SAP supports the following 64-bit Windows Server 2008 editions:
- Standard edition, Enterprise edition, Datacenter edition, and for Itanium-Based Systems edition
- Windows Server 2008 Server Core is not supported by SAP.
Which SAP products are supported on Windows Server 2008?
The following SAP products are supported on Windows Server 2008:
- SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 or higher
- SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3, or SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 SR1, and higher
- SAP products prior to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 - except SAP CRM 2007 and SAP SCM 5.1 - are not supported on Windows Server 2008.
For more information on supported operating system and database releases, see the Product Availability Matrix at http://service.sap.com/pam
Which databases are supported on Windows Server 2008?
For up-to-date information on released and supported database releases on Windows Server 2008, see the Product Availability Matrix at http://service.sap.com/pam
Which Java virtual machines are supported on Windows Server 2008?
- SAP JVM 5.0 with sapjvm for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and higher based products
- SAP JVM 4.0 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and higher based products
Can I use Hyper-V of Windows Server 2008 for an SAP system?
For more information, see Virtualization on Windows.